Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal and re-lay of tarmac

Options
  • 04-05-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I'm looking to get the driveway redone. i have tarmac which has to be removed and disposed of and then new tarmac will have to be laid.

The drive is 80sqM and i'm assuming the stone underneath will be ok to reuse. From what i can make out i'll need 2"(50mm) of sma laid by machine.

Can someone give me an approx price for this including the removal of existing tar so i dont get ripped off and if anyone has any recommendations for companies that might do this. I'm in the north galway area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

It's going to cost you a fair bit to lay 80m2 by machine as theirs not two hopper fills in it wouldnt be worth taking a paver for a job like that, it would take almost an hour to heat the paver and 15mins just to lay the 9ton plus you will pay for the moving of the machine etc.
    Just my opinion of course, but theirs absolutely nothing wrong with hand laying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

macadam wrote: »
    It's going to cost you a fair bit to lay 80m2 by machine as theirs not two hopper fills in it wouldnt be worth taking a paver for a job like that, it would take almost an hour to heat the paver and 15mins just to lay the 9ton plus you will pay for the moving of the machine etc.
    Just my opinion of course, but theirs absolutely nothing wrong with hand laying it.

Ok. So it looks like it will have to be done by hand so. Any idea of the cost?

Advertisement