Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Google Website-Twitter Problem

Options
  • 04-05-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

Long time lurker on boards in general, first time poster.

I am building a website for my local GAA club (in fact its built and ready to go online) on the Google Sites platform using a GAA.ie provided template. For a first a time web merchant like myself it was tricky enough initially but straight forward once you get the hang of it.

Anyways, the only problem I am having is putting a twitter feed gadget (from our club twitter account) onto the home page of the site. There are various suggested gadgets on the google sites system but none of them actually work.

There are also various online guides on how to do this on youtube and elsewhere but none of them actually work!! Most of them are one/two years old and twitter seems to have changed slightly.

Anyways, does anybody here have any experience of doing this, or genuinely know how to do it. I am aware of the fact that if you google this problem there are several suggested solutions-but take it from me I have exhausted these options and they do not work. Google sites, whether by accident or design, and twitter just don't seem to sit well together.

Thanks in advance and all help/suggestions appreciated. This is the kind of thing I am talking about (at bottom right of this page)

Just a box/gadget showing the latest tweets from our account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If Google Sites blacklist script/iframe tags you may be running into difficulty. I would advise you look into hosting a Wordpress.org website yourself, which will give you flexibility and control over the site, the likes of google sites may not offer

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ted Crilly PP

Thanks for the replys guys!

Unfortunately I have already tried the official twitter widget and it does not work with google sites.
    Also the site is built now so I aint starting again in wordpress!!

This is the only difficulty I have had with google sites so I will just plough on I guess!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks for the replys guys!

Unfortunately I have already tried the official twitter widget and it does not work with google sites.
    Also the site is built now so I aint starting again in wordpress!!

This is the only difficulty I have had with google sites so I will just plough on I guess!

You could look at this which may help!

Nick

Advertisement