Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Tempest?????

Options
  • 04-05-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

hay guys, just been running up some numbers with tempest and from what it looks like it i may as well hand the reins over to some one willing to loose out in funds as interest seem to be dwindling.

valormeer offered up his place for the tournaments to be held but i am not sure anyone will be willing to travel to Douglass

the advantages are that there is no venue cost other than chipping in the electric usage at Valormeers
    so the prize pool will be much bigger but the down side is that there is no free food or drinks anymore is we take this course.

as for finding a free or near free venue in the city is slim to none. so as of now i am going to hold of tempest till we can get interest back in it again or some one who is willing to take over.

as for the screen and wires equipment that Sairus left i will hold on to them untill tempest is up and running again, if some one takes over and with a working plan at least or till Sairus tell me or someone what to do with it?

this is only up cause tempest has taken two blows and the interests in it are dropping.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, SSF4 is ancient now. There's only going to be less interent til 2013 comes out, whatever is actually in it.

You'd probably be better off introducing whatever game will bring people in alongside SSf4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Tempest has fallen apart without me..... :eek:

More seriously though, you had a load of ideas to try and create interest in a Tempest event, man. Why don't you try some of them, like running non FG games at it. Not to mention Injustice was recently released.

Just trying to help, it would be sad to have no Tempest to come back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah, that was always something I was interested in trying too was running a CoD or Halo or Fifa thing along with SF.

As DooM said, SF is just not strong enough to support a tournament by itself now - at least with the current pool of known players in Cork. The other fighting games on the market are also not popular enough to function because everyone's kind of spread across different titles, if they play em at all.

However, you should talk to these guys: https://www.facebook.com/KaizokuCon or any other anime/gaming conventions in Cork. There's a huge tabletop gaming thing in UCC every year that I can't remember. See if they'll host an SF event.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

I find it sad that the only fighting game tournament I could join in my own city has finished. Friend had told me about this a while back, but we never found any updates saying when one was on. I really wish there could be another or more, but kinda hard to I'd imagine in its current state.

I'd really have loved to see how I'd fare against people I'm sure could deck me in any of the games I played, but... would be good for experience and to get a feel of actually being apart of a tournament.

Still, I do hope that Tempest returns in some form or another, but for now I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I find it sad that the only fighting game tournament I could join in my own city has finished. Friend had told me about this a while back, but we never found any updates saying when one was on. I really wish there could be another or more, but kinda hard to I'd imagine in its current state.

I'd really have loved to see how I'd fare against people I'm sure could deck me in any of the games I played, but... would be good for experience and to get a feel of actually being apart of a tournament.

Still, I do hope that Tempest returns in some form or another, but for now I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and looking.

This isn't surprising since even the regulars started not to come to tempest but I think due to exams. I'd head up to douglas for tempest :pac:

Yeah it's sad that tempest ended but we can still have casuals if anyone can offer a space and we contact all the oldies that this is happening. The main game we mostly play is ssf4ae 2012. I hope we can have some before Evo:)

P.S. I only saw this thread now.... I'm sure that's the case for the Cork Lads too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

VizardAnto wrote: »
    This isn't surprising since even the regulars started not to come to tempest but I think due to exams. I'd head up to douglas for tempest :pac:

Yeah it's sad that tempest ended but we can still have casuals if anyone can offer a space and we contact all the oldies that this is happening. The main game we mostly play is ssf4ae 2012. I hope we can have some before Evo:)

P.S. I only saw this thread now.... I'm sure that's the case for the Cork Lads too :rolleyes:

There's a Tempest in Douglas?

There's a Tempest in Douglas?

No but in the first post Shokashi said if we continue tempest.
    Valormeer would offer his place.

BTW what games do you play?

VizardAnto wrote: »
    No but in the first post Shokashi said if we continue tempest.
    Valormeer would offer his place.

BTW what games do you play?

I play Injustice, SF4AE, UMvC3 (badly), BlazBlue and SFxT (also badly) on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

I believe Valormeer has moved back to Scotland.

DrDrago wrote: »
    I believe Valormeer has moved back to Scotland.

Nevermind...didn't know :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement