Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf buggy

Options
  • 04-05-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Can any one recommend, or seen any reviews, which type of golf buggy are best, also what sort of trailer do you need?
    My father in law is looking one as his knees are getting to him.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Only really ever seen one type (at least they look the same), bout €4-€5k I think

http://www.buggyman.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

kennys2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can any one recommend, or seen any reviews, which type of golf buggy are best, also what sort of trailer do you need?
    My father in law is looking one as his knees are getting to him.
    Thanks for any help.

If he's a member of a club, why not approach them to see if they would offer him use of one of theirs for a fixed yearly fee.
    I would imagine the club would do their best to accommodate him. Somewhere in the region of €250-300 a year would seem like a reasonable deal for both parties.

Or if he explains his situation, bad knees etc, the club may offer him a severely discounted rate per round.

I've never seen a club run out of buggies, they're sitting idle most of the time, so I don't think they'd be losing out on any lost revenue. And they should look at it as a means of keeping a paying member.

Can't see much sense in buying a buggy, a trailer for it, the hassle of storage, transporting etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The single seater might be a better option, not as expensive as buggy

Link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    If he's a member of a club, why not approach them to see if they would offer him use of one of theirs for a fixed yearly fee.
    I would imagine the club would do their best to accommodate him. Somewhere in the region of €250-300 a year would seem like a reasonable deal for both parties.

Or if he explains his situation, bad knees etc, the club may offer him a severely discounted rate per round.

I've never seen a club run out of buggies, they're sitting idle most of the time, so I don't think they'd be losing out on any lost revenue. And they should look at it as a means of keeping a paying member.

Can't see much sense in buying a buggy, a trailer for it, the hassle of storage, transporting etc.

I don't know of anyone else doing this but it seems to me at least to be the first thing I'd do before shelving out 4k plus.

Other than that the clubcar ones are by the looks of it the most popular. I'd recommend buying a petrol model too. Less hassle with charging and most people unfamiliar with electric cars might feel a little more comfortable with the petrol on a daily basis.

Hope the knee comes right for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

He could buy a reconditioned one for around €2000 I'd say. I know an auld lad that bought one about 10 yrs ago and it's still flying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭Zardoz

These bikes are becoming popular ,might be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Zardoz wrote: »
    These bikes are becoming popular ,might be an option

Not being a smartarse here, but in whats sense are they becoming popular? I've never heard of them let alone seen them in use anywhere.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Not being a smartarse here, but in whats sense are they becoming popular? I've never heard of them let alone seen them in use anywhere.....

I saw a bloke using one in Lahinch on Sat. 4 wheeled bike sort of thing.

I was momentarily jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I saw a bloke using one in Lahinch on Sat. 4 wheeled bike sort of thing.

I was momentarily jealous.

We've come a long way since grandpa's Model T ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kennys2

Thanks so much to everyone for their help,
    He goes to different clubs with friends, and is keen to have his own. Mechanically minded so engine no worries, and does not want bother of batteries.
    Looking at a Club reconditioned one for €1250 and a separate trailer that might do.. which is nearly as dear :-)
    But will keep looking around.
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What about a hovercraft

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kennys2

May be a little over budget :-)

Advertisement