Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denmark

Options
  • 04-05-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm moving over to Denmark for the summer and will be arriving in to Copenhagen, but my job is in Sakskøbing. I've never visited Denmark before but from quick Google searches I've found that there's a train station at the airport as well...but I can't figure out if there's a direct line to Sakskøbing from that station or if I need to travel into the Central Station and go from there...?? Normally I wouldn't mind sorting out this kind of stuff when I actually get there, but my flight arrives in pretty late at night so I'd like to have as much as I can sorted out in advance and save time!

If anybody could offer me some advice I'd really appreciate it, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Google maps does public transport :)

http://goo.gl/maps/IEKWt

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TraskHamilton

those links really helped me out, thanks guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

Hey,

The danish train service has a website, but not in English, its www.dsb.dk. If you download goole chrome tho you can set it to translate the website for you. I would imagine that you will have to get a train from the central station in Copenhagen. The danish word for the main train station is Københavns Hovedbanegård, don't ask me how to pronounce it!

From the Airport there are two ways to get to the main station, by metro or mainline train. You can get the metro from the Airport (lufthavn) to Nørreport station, where you will have to change to the S-tog (S trains) which are the trains that run above the ground and then get the s-tog to the main station.

To get the mainline train, you must go to the mainline train station at the airport which is to the right after you pass the main greeting area after you get out of the baggage claim. There is usually a long queue for train tickets there and a Danish trains help desk where they will certainly speak English. The metro station is up the escalators at the end of the main airport hall.

I would say the mainline train is by far your best bet. To actually get to Sakskøbing, I have no idea sorry, but I'm sure there is a train service and you can work it out from the www.dsb.dk website. The other option would be to download the Rejseplanen app from the itunes store (i'd say its on google play too) if you have a smart phone. Its all in english and I've just done a quick test there. I would say by the times showing for trains and the distance (seems to take over 3 hours to get there), you'd be better off renting a car or staying the night in CPH, which wouldn't be so bad coz its a pretty nice place!

I hope that helps and I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner, you're prob already in Sakskøbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TraskHamilton

Wow thanks for that message lorem ipsum, really really helpful and clear :) I'm flying over on Monday so just getting the last minute bits and pieces together, great timing, cheers!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

No Problem Trask, hope you enjoy Denmark its a great place!

Advertisement