Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying a Bank of Ireland credit card bill online from an AIB current account

Options
  • 04-05-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I would like to know if this is possible. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it on the website. I know it sounds awkward but there is a reason I am trying to do it this way. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You'll need the BoI account number and sort code for their credit card account. You then pay into that using your own credit card number as the reference. That's how I have to pay my AIB card from Germany anyway. Should be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Just had a look there and it looks pretty simple. From the main page when you log in:
    1. Click on "Transfers & Payments" (left hand side of screen)
    2. Click on "Manage My Payees" (top of the screen)
    3. Click on "Add new payee" (top right of screen)
    4. Select "A new credit card"
    5. Choose either "BANK OF IRELAND MASTERCARD" or "BANK OF IRELAND VISA" from the Credit Card dropdown (whichever is applicable)
    6. Enter a nickname
    7. Enter the Credit Card number (twice)

After that, I'm not sure as I don't have BOI credit card details to fill in, but assume the next step is to just use the Card Reader to authenticate yourself and everything should be complete and it will be added to your list of bills which appear on the "Quick pay" feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

dotsman wrote: »
    Just had a look there and it looks pretty simple. From the main page when you log in:
    1. Click on "Transfers & Payments" (left hand side of screen)
    2. Click on "Manage My Payees" (top of the screen)
    3. Click on "Add new payee" (top right of screen)
    4. Select "A new credit card"
    5. Choose either "BANK OF IRELAND MASTERCARD" or "BANK OF IRELAND VISA" from the Credit Card dropdown (whichever is applicable)
    6. Enter a nickname
    7. Enter the Credit Card number (twice)

After that, I'm not sure as I don't have BOI credit card details to fill in, but assume the next step is to just use the Card Reader to authenticate yourself and everything should be complete and it will be added to your list of bills which appear on the "Quick pay" feature.

That's spot on. I have normally pay by BOI cc from my AIB account. No issues at all and takes roughly 2 days to show up

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

Thanks guys, just checked back now again.

Asked on behalf of my father. He got mixed up between which one was AIB and which one was BoI. He went of in huff then when I pointed that out, since I knew which one he has myself. He'll be back to me again tomorrow when he's finished sulking. :)

Advertisement