Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit of a pickle

• 04-05-2013 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

So I was in work the other day and my boss called me over and told me he hit my car in the carpark. I went out to have a look and it's not to bad really, there's a dent and the petrol cap is damaged a bit, I'm guessing it'll cost €200 or €300 to get it fixed. He said to go and get it fixed but I haven't had time. This happened on Monday and he hasn't mentioned it since, he is notoriously mean when it comes to money and I'm thinking he won't appreciate me handing him a bill for a few hundred euro.

Should I just leave it and forget about it or man up and demand my monies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

make him pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

So I was in work the other day and my boss called me over and told me he hit my car in the carpark. I went out to have a look and it's not to bad really, there's a dent and the petrol cap is damaged a bit, I'm guessing it'll cost €200 or €300 to get it fixed. He said to go and get it fixed but I haven't had time. This happened on Monday and he hasn't mentioned it since, he is notoriously mean when it comes to money and I'm thinking he won't appreciate me handing him a bill for a few hundred euro.

You only think he's mean because he has a business to run. I'm sure he'll pay up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Man up FFS! Its not like its only a few quid, its a few hundred!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Forget about it and follow him to the toilet to clean his bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Set his car on fire. Show him who's alpha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

kneemos wrote: »

And kiss his ass after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Burn down he's business!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Mention it to him quietly/politely during lunch or on your way out the door in the evening.

"oh, by the way mister boss man sir, i got the car sorted yesterday and have that invoice for you as agreed".

Hand him the bill (keeping a copy for yourself!) and you won't have any problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

kneemos wrote: »
    I've done that. A man has to what he has to do to keep his job in these uncertain times. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

If you'd pay if it was the other way around, then why shouldn't he. Should get it sorted ASAP though -'awkward bringing it up weeks later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Why not let him get up and ride you altogether, and it looks like you'll be paying for the lube too!

Of COURSE OP you bill him for the repairs to your car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Feel your balls; become one with them. Remember that they exist and are a source of great power once you acknowledge them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have a poo on his desk

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Get it fixed and then bring him the bill. It is only fair after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

get it fixed and bring him the bill, be firm but not abusive if he doesnt pay up after a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Feel your balls; become one with them. Remember that they exist and are a source of great power once you acknowledge them.

The op may have a vajingle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Do you think if you hit his car he wouldn't come looking for the money to fix it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

He owned up to it, he's willing to pay for it. Pity it happened as it's awkward, but that's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you don't make him pay he will lose respect for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've done that. A man has to what he has to do to keep his job in these uncertain times. :D

Bring some mouthwash to dip your tongue in afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

biko wrote: »
    If you don't make him pay he will lose respect for you.
    Doubtful. If you do make him pay OP, and he's really, deep seatedly mean, he'll resent you for a while, it will smoulder and burn inside him - then he'll think of a reason to fire you. I would anyway.:) I never get to give them the bill when they dinge one of the companies vehicles. The baxters.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

He owned up to hitting your car and offered to pay for the damage. There is nothing particularly complicated here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Just take it from petty cash and leave a note. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Send him the bill, it was his fault. Get a quote first and mention it to him, might soften the blow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

He hit your car....I'd beat him to death with his own arm...

Honestly...man up and give him the bill, he will walk all over you otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Eunan Plumb

Big important thing here ..sort this out soon.

No big deal as other poster said ...be sure you don't make it into a big deal.

Get to a garage quick get an estimate or invoice ...give it to the guy casually.

My feeling is he will pay...just dont put it on the L O N G F I N G E R .

There ! Sorted :D

Advertisement