Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does it ever go away

Options
  • 04-05-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

off the drink for 6yrs. today i went into the pub to watch the football an holy s@@t i had such a craving for a drink it was so bad i could taste cider in my mouth i had to walk straight out but as soon as i was outside it did not bother me :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Maybe more to do with the warm sunny day. Even people who never drank can envy drinkers on these rare occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

We are always still one slip away from a relapse.Well done for walking outside,unfortunately for some of us,like me,our continued recovery can be a lifelong process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 baileatha

spud65 wrote: »
    off the drink for 6yrs. today i went into the pub to watch the football an holy s@@t i had such a craving for a drink it was so bad i could taste cider in my mouth i had to walk straight out but as soon as i was outside it did not bother me :confused:

Make it easier on yourself and dont hang out in pubs. The cliche "If you hang around a barbershop long enough, you're bound to get a haircut" comes to mind on this one.

Advertisement