Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Banking problem.. Help!

Options
  • 04-05-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody been having problems recently with AIB online banking? I am trying to transfer money between my accounts on the site but I keep getting this notice after I have put in the details.

'This transfer cannot be completed. Either notice has not been served for this transaction or an auto transfer instruction has been received. (Ref: 417)' This has been happening on and off to be before but this time it won't allow me to do anything!

What does this mean?! It is very frustrating, as it is a 7 day notice account that I am looking to put a notice on for next saturday but at this rate I won't be able to.!! :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's prob because its a notice account
    If I were you I'd ring the 24hr phone banking number . Get into to customer service person
    I've often found them very helpful in past

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

I think what you are doing wrong is you have to click the blue 'serve notice' button beside your notice 7 account in account overview and then after 7 days you can transfer money the normal way

To the left of your account, you should see a blue "Serve Notice"...its between the last three digits of your account and your balance. You should be able to click on that for notice. Are you sure you didn't just try to transfer over to your current account or whatever in error? Failing the "serve notice" message, ring 24hr, but you need to ring them this evening to give them the instruction to have your money next weekend. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks for all the help, it worked when I clicked on 'withdraw'! I tried this last night and it failed to work but it worked there, Unfortunately it says that it won't be available to me until a working day -which would be the monday. So i won't have it on time - Very annoying!!

Does anybody know if you owe the bank money on a credit card can you still transfer money between them if you haven't gone over your limit? I tried there and this notice came up :

"Sorry, we are unable to process this transaction. Please contact AIB Credit Card Centre at (01)6685500 for assistance. (Ref: 48)"

I am pretty sure I did it before without a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

17larsson wrote: »
    and then after 7 days you can transfer money the normal way

You have to wait 7 days. You cannot click Withdraw until this notice period has been served. When did you click to give notice.?

You can use your credit card to withdraw money via the ATM or use the quick pay on the right to transfer money from your credit card to your current account. Bear in mind there are extra charges when moving money around via credit card

• Advertisement
Advertisement