Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genetically Modified Meat coming this summer...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I'm bigger and stronger than most people. When I train, I get stronger faster than most people.
    If I'm not bigger and stronger than you, then most of these people almost certainly are: http://www.greatveganathletes.com/strength

Unfortunately the myth still exists that you have to consume animal products in order to be strong or healthy. In fact, only a few days ago my mother was blaming me getting migraines on not eating red meat.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fishfarmer

Seaneh wrote: »
    Whatever about GM beef, GM Salmon shouldn't be let anywhere near our waters, the wild stocks are already being damaged by farms on the west coast, if the mega farm in Galway Bay gets the go ahead the domestic stock will be ****ed rightly.

Depends what kind of damage you're talking about. If these GM fish are guaranteed to be sterile then no risk of genetic pollution, surely thats a positive?

BTW the farm in galway bay, AFAIK will have to be organic, which means it will probably go under about two years after opening. So don't worry too much about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can't wait to try some ribs.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

They should GM food that doesn't go off! Then we could recycle the leftovers and send it to Africa. Wouldn't feel as bad about wasting it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

kfk wrote: »
    They should GM food that doesn't go off! Then we could recycle the leftovers and send it to Africa. Wouldn't feel as bad about wasting it then.

I wish we could do this too. But the problem is profit. One of the reasons why starving people are starving is because they don't have enough money to pay for food. And there are some greedy f*cks in this world that would prefer the food to go in a bin than feed these people. This is the horrible reality. So GMing the food still wont solve this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

it wont be long before our food looks like this (i like the yellow ones)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/8/83/Asgardfood.jpg

Advertisement