Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what age to buy a mobile

• 04-05-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

can my 13yr son just go into a shop an buy a mobile or does he need an adult with him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

If he has the money..................people will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Yes he can buy it without an adult, in Meteor. Not sure about other places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Steloide I dont think the OP is asking opinions on if he should have a phone or no....confused?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

he bought a nokia asha 201 an i want to just get my facts right before i go in to try an get his money back as he already has a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Justask wrote: »
    Steloide I dont think the OP is asking opinions on if he should have a phone or no....confused?

HAHA.... just edited that, got carried away I think.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

spud65 wrote: »
    he bought a nokia asha 201 an i want to just get my facts right before i go in to try an get his money back as he already has a phone

There is no legislation on who can purchase a prepay or non contract mobile phone, as there's nothing wrong with the phone it's unlikely you will get a refund it will purely be at the discretion of the shop.

thanks. will chance me arm an see what happens might get lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Davis Murphy

13 year olds are buying condoms these days without having mammy with them holding their hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Don't kick up too much of a fuss in the shop, they were perfectly entitled to sell it to him. And, like you said - he already has a mobile so it's not out of the norm.

13 year olds are buying condoms these days without having mammy with them holding their hand.

not talking about holding his hand, the phone is crap an as stated before he has a phone,i wanted to get his money back which they won't do.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Don't kick up too much of a fuss in the shop, they were perfectly entitled to sell it to him. And, like you said - he already has a mobile so it's not out of the norm.

won't give money back or other phone as security seal broken on box.
    bit my tongue an just walked out, as she was a young wan no point making a huge fuss. well at least next time he goes to buy something he will check it out first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Davis Murphy

spud65 wrote: »
    not talking about holding his hand, the phone is crap an as stated before he has a phone,i wanted to get his money back which they won't do.

So you just wanted some excuse to return a phone with nothing wrong with it. no wonder this country is ****ed

So you just wanted some excuse to return a phone with nothing wrong with it. no wonder this country is ****ed

he is 13 he does not need the phone, as he has one, i would have preferred he bought a ps3 game or somnething
    @ed the country over a fifty euro phone
    :eek:

Advertisement