Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revoked Credit Card - ICB

Options
  • 04-05-2013 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm hoping someone can get some advice...
    I had a revoked credit card which has since been cleared, however it states on credit report that it was revoked and cleared.
    I am just wondering would this go against me when applying for a mortgage?
    I have no other loans and have regular savings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Depends is it the same bank you want the mortgage from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CiNi

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Depends is it the same bank you want the mortgage from?

Credit card was from BOI and was hoping to apply to AIB for a mortgage or possibly going through a broker.

CiNi wrote: »
    Credit card was from BOI and was hoping to apply to AIB for a mortgage or possibly going through a broker.

The only way AIB or any other broker would find out is on your credit report, you can check you're report here https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp it costs €6

If its on it it will be there for five years after it's cleared

The only way AIB or any other broker would find out is on your credit report, you can check you're report here https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp it costs €6

I got a credit report and it states on it that the CC was revoked and then it states that it was then cleared. Would you think it would go against me. I'll be looking for a joint mortgage with my partner and we have a full deposit saved. I'm afraid to apply for the fear of rejection! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The OP already has the credit report, hence the question.

@OP was it recently? what has your credit history been like previous and since?
    The fact it was cleared is good.They may ask you further questions regarding it, but it does depend on the individual bank.

• Advertisement

dobsdave wrote: »
    The OP already has the credit report, hence the question.

@OP was it recently? what has your credit history been like previous and since?
    The fact it was cleared is good.They may ask you further questions regarding it, but it does depend on the individual bank.

It was from years ago when I was in college but it has been cleared for about 2 years now.
    I had a CU loan also but cleared that off. I have no other loans, save every month, pay rent and live quite comfortably.

It was from years ago when I was in college but it has been cleared for about 2 years now.
    I had a CU loan also but cleared that off. I have no other loans, save every month, pay rent and live quite comfortably.

The worse they can say is no, it will look good that you paid off the cu, it really depends on the bank

The worse they can say is no, it will look good that you paid off the cu, it really depends on the bank

I suppose I better apply and get it over with. Thanks for the advice! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I think you should mention it when making the application with a reasonable explanation for why it happened. Otherwise you may not get past first stage whereas if they are at least expecting to see it on the ICB it will look better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

A revoked credit card on an ICB report would usually be an automatic decline for a personal loan with a certain bank, as would 3+ consecutive missed payments on a loan. However, this is for a mortgage, and the underwriting is much different. OP i think that this wont be held against you, as it was cleared, and you have good credit since. In other words, its not an automatic rejection. They will look at you and your partners other credit, length of time at jobs & address, and base their decision on all the info. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Hi ya Cini
    Just wondering if you applied for your mortgage and how you got on as we are in a similar situation? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eirelh

Hi Cini,

How did your application go??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The thread is over a year old. The OP has closed their account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement