Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immigrants.

• 04-05-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭

Are immigrants self supporting in that what they spend goes to create another job in local shops and services,do we end up with a net loss,gain or break even?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wha?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

10 pages 4 bannings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

All we end up with are dead swans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

For the love of fooking JAYSUS!! Yizzer givin' me a bleedin' hernia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<has no idea what OP is on about, but grabs popcorn and leans forward in chair>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I hope they eventually out breed us natives, I'd love to see them running the show here. It would be great to see ignorance and stupidity washed out of the political and economic systems therefore the immigrants are our last hope. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Bunheads...............bunheads everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

This isn't going to end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Someone once told me there was no such thing as a stupid question.

They were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Prodigious wrote: »

They were wrong.
    I don't understand the question, what does that make me?:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Immigants! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Every human alive now is a decenant of the first homo sapiens from Africa, when they or their family arived in their current location is irrelevent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

irish-stew wrote: »

You hear the expression "the immigrants are taking our jobs"well they spend money in shops,pay rent,buy cars etc all of which creates more employment so do they create as many jobs as they take?

It would be nice to have some cost/benefit analysis done to actually figure out what the specific economic benefits are of immigration.

However, something rational like that won't happen, and instead we'll just blindly plough on with the multicultural bandwagon, losing what was left of our culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Every human alive now is a decenant of the first homo sapiens from Africa, when they or their family arived in their current location is irrelevent.
    If they were homos how did they make children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Prodigious wrote: »

They were wrong.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, there is only stupid answers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

The ones who are, are paying for the ones who aren't, so breaking even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

If they were homos how did they make children?

Adoption. Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

Immigants! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

Polar bears in particular should no be classed the same as immigrants. I read last year they started life in Tipp thousands of years ago. True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

charlemont wrote: »
    I hope they eventually out breed us natives, I'd love to see them running the show here. It would be great to see ignorance and stupidity washed out of the political and economic systems therefore the immigrants are our last hope. :cool:

That is a deeply racist thing to think and/or say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

its relevent wen der takin all our dole!!!1! bleedin fordiners!!1one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

All those bloody foreigners in connemara, speaking that funny language, flailing legs dancing & forever shouting potato! Send em all pack where they came from I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

charlemont wrote: »

It's not a picnic in most of the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

irish-stew wrote: »

should of went to specsavers.........:eek:

And cultural evolution in the last 200,000 years bedamned?

In general I think that immigration has been positive in Ireland - which doesn't mean it is everywhere or will be everywhere in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

This thread reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they are in Moes complaining about foreign nationals.

"Damn immigints"

This thread reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they are in Moes complaining about foreign nationals.

"Damn immigints"

That's the Simpsons greatest moment alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Am, excuse me OP, but I believe it's pronounced "immigents".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Lars1916 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a stupid question, there is only stupid answers ;)

thats stupid! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Even when it was the bears, I knew it was the immigants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We should have the right to bear immigrants not the right to immigrant bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

they don't take jobs the job is there the nationality of the person performing it is irrelevant they still pay tax rent ect.
    it defiantly doesn't take anything away

i give this thread 5 pages before it becomes a racist cluster fúck

This thread doesn't have enough people quoting the Simpsons one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

they don't take jobs the job is there the nationality of the person performing it is irrelevant they still pay tax rent ect.
    it defiantly doesn't take anything away

i give this thread 5 pages before it becomes a racist cluster fúck

It already happened with post 7 or does that not count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Are immigrants self supporting in that what they spend goes to create another job in local shops and services, do we end up with a net loss,gain or break even?

OP : Actually, it's not a stupid question, because it's a question about something not really clever that newspapers write.

I tell you this : it is the biggest load of lies ever. I'm technically an immigrant, but I lived in Ireland for the last 15 years. I have as much time to spend money as an average Irish person with a similar salary to mine. So in conclusion, I don't really have a superior spending power.

However, I still know my native language, so I can potentially expand the business of the company where I am employed to my native country, and then possibly hire one local Irish person. Alternatively, I can help to find a business opportunity in my native country for an Irish person or business.

In conclusion, knowledge of foreign languages adds just as much value as spending money in shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kneemos wrote: »
    Are immigrants self supporting in that what they spend goes to create another job in local shops and services,do we end up with a net loss,gain or break even?

They Ate Jesus And You Want To Let Them In The Country???????????

How about.........no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement