Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

satellite in briarfield

• 04-05-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone knows what this is for? think it's something to do with eircom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If you're asking about the building with the large dish on top then yes that is an eircom facility.
    If you're asking about door-to-door sellers or similar then you will have to be more specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Mr.Mackey

It's for the Plassey residents to listen into student conversations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    If you're asking about the building with the large dish on top then yes that is an eircom facility.
    If you're asking about door-to-door sellers or similar then you will have to be more specific.

Any reason why you made the connection with this post and door-to-door sellers? Failing to see the connection :) Also thanks for the confirmation. Any idea exactly what it is...?
    Mr.Mackey wrote: »
    It's for the Plassey residents to listen into student conversations

jokes on them....

220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

El Spearo wrote: »
    Any reason why you made the connection with this post and door-to-door sellers? Failing to see the connection :) Also thanks for the confirmation.

Well you didn't exactly say that you were referring to a building, just a vague reference to "satellite in Briarfield". Could be talking about anything really.
    Including people calling around trying to sell Sky subscriptions for example.

Anyway 1st house we bought (21 years ago) was no.9 the oaks which backed onto this premises.......bloody alarm there went off nearly every evening, and the internal siren would keep going for hours....until we managed to find the home number for one of the Eircom Bosses, after a couple of late night phone calls the alarm co. sorted the issue out fairly quickly:D.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Well you didn't exactly say that you were referring to a building, just a vague reference to "satellite in Briarfield". Could be talking about anything really.
    Including people calling around trying to sell Sky subscriptions for example.

Anyway 1st house we bought (21 years ago) was no.9 the oaks which backed onto this premises.......bloody alarm there went off nearly every evening, and the internal siren would keep going for hours....until we managed to find the home number for one of the Eircom Bosses, after a couple of late night phone calls the alarm co. sorted the issue out fairly quickly:D.

ah fair enough! I just have a vendetta against door to door and thought id argued with you before or something :P

Sorry about the vagueness, was posting on my phone and the auto space doesnt work...first world problems.

Good to confirm that it's eircom. I presume they need a satellite for international calls or is it still regional? I'm really interested to find out the technical function of the dish. Been living here for 5 years and it's been bugging the hell outta me :D

• Advertisement

after consideration, I want to further highlight my apologies for how stupid the thread title is...not one of my finer moments.

Advertisement