Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea match thread. 5/5/13 k.o 4pm Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

indeed. that should dispell the myth once and for all (not that United fans ever needed it) that Webb is biased towards United.

Thats 3 points that he has gifted ye...

We scored before the red though, but it was never a red regardless.

SAF XI gave us the advantage.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Welcome to the Pool fans by the way!

You should welcome Liverpool fans pre-game too :p
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hopefully either Jones or Mata has an excellent game, preferably the latter.

And on Twitter 5 hours ago -
    Man U vs Chelsea MOTM bets:
    (1) Juan Mata @ 10/1
    (2) Phil Jones @ 12/1

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Buy bale?...united need 11 bales after watching that performance

You do know what happened the rest of the season???
    Don't let your bitterness cloud your senses :)

Sign Rafa up, who needs Jose when we have Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

indeed. that should dispell the myth once and for all (not that United fans ever needed it) that Webb is biased towards United.

Thats 3 points that he has gifted ye...

Dear god. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That was a clear red, I've no problem saying that. Rooney lashed out like that before and saw the consequences!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

That's Luiz making eye contact with a fan behind Massey, also laughing her head off.

JESUS F*CKING CHRIST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Chelsea deserved it.

Harsh red for Rafael and utterly classless from Luis. Sums him up though and the modern game, which is kind of depressing.

Predictable result really. Surprised Chelsea didn't push harder to win it but they got there in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GavRedKing wrote: »

Blasphemy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata's voice is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

dfx- wrote: »
    Don't start that, please.

I thought it's a pretty clear red card. Like Del Horno on Messi. Luiz' reaction is of no importance:p

That's what came to mind straight away when I saw it too.

We'd be f**ked without Mata this season, we'd be right in and around 6th/7th i'd reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We scored before the red though, but it was never a red regardless.

SAF XI gave us the advantage.

you clearly missed the foul on rooney for the goal. 2 huge decisions, which decided the game in Chelsea favour.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Delighted with the result but I have to say it was a bit of a miserable game of football for the second half, bar the last 10 mins. Webb was awful. Final passes were all over the place. Stupid behaviour from both teams in the dying moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

you clearly missed the foul on rooney for the goal. 2 huge decisions, which decided the game in Chelsea favour.

That wasn't a foul. :rolleyes: And Giggs dragged down Luiz and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Personally i hope he does stay with chelsea. It's hard enough having to beat city to the title than have to worry about chelsea too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Sky sports have that as a Jones own goal. Bit harsh is it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We'd be f**ked without Rafa this season, we'd be right in and around 6th/7th i'd reckon.

FYP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Not a chance that was a foul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

im glad valencia got 89 minutes and hernandez got extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

What? It was a super, super tackle from Ramires.

@redcard: I wouldn't have given it but he did kick out. In all fairness, would it have had much of a bearing on the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Massy called the red, can see here in the slow motion replays mouthing, foul, sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

You have to laugh at anyone questioning the performance of the team who won the league last week. We won that because United are done and dusted.

Luiz is a bit too much of a joker for his own good. Can't condone what he did, it was never a red either.

Massive win though, most likely one that wasn't accounted for by Spurs and Arsenal. One foot in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ok United need to be deflect from the defeat, they need the media to concentrate on something else, which of the following should they do?

- say Howard Webb told Rooney he had stupid hair.

- say Howard Webb told Buttner he was a cheeky Dutch man.

- Get the groundsmen to interfere with the Chelsea warm down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Give it a rest, it was a fantastic tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ok United need to be deflect from the defeat, they need the media to concentrate on something else, which of the following should they do?

Hahah lol so funi r u comediene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

or just say we have the league sown up. simple :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or option 4

- Remind everyone we're getting the trophy next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Davis Luiz youre having a laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

- Confirm that they have agreed terms with Real Madrid and Ronaldo

That'd work. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dunno about the sending off but Chelsea where more up for that game from start to finish so they deserved the 3 points in the end.

Although it took so long was only a matter of time ''No pun intended :pac:'' before they scored.

On another day with no title wrapped up United i imagine would of been more intense and better on the ball and would of scored.

Title or no title its not nice to lose games even more so against rivals but again i put this down to one team wanting and needing it more then the other.

United have been coasting threw games for good few weeks now and you cant do that if u want to continue to pick up points.

Neither team was amazing but Chelsea where better on the day and got the goal and the 3 points needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Essien wrote: »
    Give it a rest, it was a fantastic tackle.

It was a foul mate, Ramirez caught Rooney's foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Get in!!!

Great result :)

Now beat Spurs and were there :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

edgecutter wrote: »
    It was a foul mate, Ramirez caught Rooney's foot.

He won the ball, no foul mate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fergie saying it wasn't a foul on Rooney. Said Raf was elbowed twice and retaliated, though should have known better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

fergie didnt think it was a foul anyway and seems to be straight up admitting that they lacked edge having already won the league, also agrees with the red cos its retaliation but that Luiz rolled about too much after throwing elbows.

spot on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rafa saw nothing and seing replays wont change anything ha

Shreeves is a muppet here trying to get a reaction from Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good luck, Rafa sees them coming these days! He was smart after the Liverpool game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Hahaha I thought the Luiz thing was excellent, beats the usual whining on the ground like a wounded animal when they're is nothing wrong with them which happens _all_ the time. Yeah he could have just gotten on his feet but absolutely nobody does that in modern football and being too honest does your team no favours; also when ya hit the deck it's a chance to grab a breather so unless you're desperate for a goal you're gonna be leisurely about it.

• Advertisement

Shreeves is entertaining.

Pj! wrote: »
    Shreeves is entertaining.

dont agree. there are ways to get a quote but he does it in such a classless way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Well done Chelsea btw. I think out of the three teams hunting for the two champions league places they have been the most consistent throughout the year.

dont agree. there are ways to get a quote but he does it in such a classless way

Whether you see it or not he is entertaining. He is of course fairly classless too.

Whether anyone likes the way he does it, I guarantee you that not many will be turning off their tv's in between his question and the managers response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »
    11/5 is a great price for Chelsea. Although I haven't won a footy bet in 3 months so have taken that price with a crispy €20

Weeeeeeeeeeee. Surprised we preformed so well with Anderson and Cleverly starting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

correct and the problem with shreeves is that he goes after certain managers and the basically sucks off other ones - if he treated them all in the same provocative way then fair enough, just like a bully in the schoolyard the guy deserves a metaphorical slap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

936926_581044098596707_818758249_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Felt sorry for Rafael as he was one of the best players on the pitch and trying his heart out. How Valencia was not replaced after about 10 minutes is baffling and as for the White Pele diving i'd give him 9.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Well deserved win for Chelsea today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Barr wrote: »
    Well deserved win for Chelsea today.

They were the least poor of the 2. A bit of a stretch to say well deserved tbh.

I think United deserved the 0 points more than Chelsea deserved the 3 if that makes any sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement