Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea match thread. 5/5/13 k.o 4pm Sky.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

ibddC6SZ22kh0n.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he was getting some torrid abuse from the fans at that point I'd say.

i'd have probably smiled too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

He's clearly laughing at himself, or the idea of falling over clutching his ankle in response to a harmless enough tackle. He did it as a natural reaction, one that 99% of players would do in that spot, but once he thought about it he probably realised how silly he looked. In a roundabout way, it was actually considerably more honest than the majority of players in that position - at least we knew he was taking the piss. He really should have just got up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

Fergie don,t want spurs playing champions league football next season.thats what today's team selection and performance was all about.fergie is having his glass of red tonight quiet content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Essien wrote: »
    He's clearly laughing at himself, or the idea of falling over clutching his ankle in response to a harmless enough tackle. He did it as a natural reaction, one that 99% of players would do in that spot, but once he thought about it he probably realised how silly he looked. In a roundabout way, it was actually considerably more honest than the majority of players in that position - at least we knew he was taking the piss. He really should have just got up though.

lol he stayed on the ground for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

RasTa wrote: »
    lol he stayed on the ground for ages.

probably something to do with being one up with only a few minutes left....

also a lot of argy bargy with rafael prior to being kicked so would have been a bit gassed and needed a breather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

He laughed cos he knew he suckered the younglad into doing something reckless - it didn't matter if the challenge was not a sore one it was silly to get involved and he deserved his marching orders. Experience will help him develop - worse places to be than sidelines for next few weeks planning the summer vacation.

As for the game, there is a reason why they call them the 2nd string, cos they are not worthy of a starting 11 place most weeks. Hard to get up for a game when the season is sewn up. spurs/Arsenal will be kicking the tv though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Given that they're both Brazilian I assume they know each other, so I think Luiz was laughing at getting one over on his 'mate'.

Something completely different:

Q. Which female sports personality would I most like to pull?

A. Sian Massey

Advertisement