Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out which network Nokia is locked to

Options
  • 04-05-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

I have found an old Nokia 6070 with no sim in it. When I try my SIM in it, it says "invalid sim". BTW, I'm in Africa at the moment but the phone likely came from Ireland....

I can probably unlock the Nokia with one of the various online code generators but to do this I need to know the network the phone is locked to? That's how I unlocked my own Nokia at least - by knowing it was locked to O2.

I searched around but couldn't find an answer to this question. Possible because there isn't one! Is there any way of getting the phone to say "O2" if it's locked to O2???

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Can you turn it on without a sim? If so, go into your photos or themes folder. You'll probably find an O2/Vodafone/etc wallpaper or theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Actually, that would be a pretty good indication. But the phone won't do anything until a valid sim is inserted. It stops at the Invalid SIM warning...

Edit: Under the battery, under the IMEI code is another number: 0539999. Not sure that helps...

Edit2: There's a database somewhere which seems to say that's Meteor Ireland. Worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

In German it says (yeah, someone changed the language):
    Beschränkt kann nicht aufgehoben werden

Which means that someone must have already tried and failed 5 times. So that's a game over. Kinda annoying that I now have to bin this mobile :(

Thanks anyway...

Advertisement