Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The not so safe way to unload a truck

• 04-05-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Ok saw this today and I couldnt believe it.

Take a look at the picture,notice the truck, notice the trailer pointing into the air for its load to fall to the backdoor, which its doing. Then see the ladder at the back of the truck, look the just above the ladder and you will see a fellow with a shovel pushing the stuff to the right hand corner to a machine at the back of the truck that is pumping the wood chip up into the building. Is there a more stupid place you could think this fellow could be in this picture.

We couldnt believe what we were looking at, if that load shifted in move they would have been digging his dead or badly damaged body out of the trailer.

I hate all the health and safety crap that goes on now daya but for situations like this I can understand why this sort of thing has to be stopped!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Cool story, tell it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

He's after a Darwin Award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Heres my thinking...if your stupid enough to climb into the back of a trailer thats raised...and then stupid enough to climb into said trailer while full...and then stupid enough to start digging when half the load is about 10feet above your head...you deserve to die...horribly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dave0301

You were witnessing natural selection.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'll just leave this here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Much easer way would have been to jerk the lorry forward to help dislodge the woodchips. But yeh, after a darwin award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here..

Nice way to fire your clutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Timmaay wrote: »
    Much easer way would have been to jerk the lorry forward to help dislodge the woodchips.

Hmmmm? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Jayz ya can't be doing that lads! Tis in the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jesus christ that is dangerous. Don't expect to get any positive replies on here though. AH will find anything to prove you wrong, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pat_cork

The most dangerous thing that could happen there is he'd get woodchips in his shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

whats life without a bit of danger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I know that fella and he does that at least once a week and nobody been kilt yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

Ok that trucks bad.

Lando/Pat - Its is a stupid thing to do for his own life sake.It doesnt matter if he did it 100 times before it only takes one f'up to loose your life. By the way I was there and I would have been the one that ran over to help the fella if that load fell on him. Dont fancy trying wanting to see it happen. Worse thing to do would be to watch that load fall on him and then walk off as its none of my business. Too many people dont give a s**t about other people. But its your own opinion/thoughts.

I agree darwin award especially if ended up in pumping machine for the wood on top of everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I know that fella and he does that at least once a week and nobody been kilt yet.

What happened to the guy that did it before HE got the job???..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

pat_cork wrote: »
    The most dangerous thing that could happen there is he'd get woodchips in his shoes
    err, yeah. Except a lad in Dun-Laoghaire a couple of years ago was standing behind a lorry doing the same thing. Behind, mind, not in. The load freed, shot back and buried him. They did manage to dig him out though, sadly he was dead. The company no longer allows anyone anywhere near a tipping lorry of loose material. It's pretty lethal.:) Also, what that lad in the picture is doing is just plain beyond dumb on many levels. Buy an ejector trailer ffs. If they did get prosecuted, in this case, they'd deserve it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

eamonnq wrote: »

The boss sacked him, apparantely he went into work each day with a chip on he's shoulder!

That is actually beyond stupid.. Hopefully the backdoor is very very secure aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dave0301 wrote: »
    You were witnessing natural selection.

and here's more of it.........jesus wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

dbyrne wrote: »
    Ok that trucks bad.

Lando/Pat - Its is a stupid thing to do for his own life sake.It doesnt matter if he did it 100 times before it only takes one f'up to loose your life. By the way I was there and I would have been the one that ran over to help the fella if that load fell on him. Dont fancy trying wanting to see it happen. Worse thing to do would be to watch that load fall on him and then walk off as its none of my business. Too many people dont give a s**t about other people. But its your own opinion/thoughts.

I agree darwin award especially if ended up in pumping machine for the wood on top of everything else.

If people don't care about their own well being why should we care about it for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

eamonnq wrote: »

The drink took him, a great funeral.

Advertisement