Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sitka Spruce Value

• 04-05-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Hi lads I know nothing about forestry so apologies. Iv about 60 to 70 fully grown Sitka spruce trees approx. 60 foot in length. Are these worth anything or what because I need them removed.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

What part of the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

gally74 wrote: »
    What part of the country?

County Kerry, im just looking for an approx. price, I know its hard to be exact without seeing them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://www.coillte.ie/coillteforest/log_sales/quarterly_standing_contracted_prices/

Hi Liam you'll get a rough guideprice here, I know it's not up to date, but might be worth ringing them to get more up to date info.
    I think though somewhere around 40-50 euro per M cubed would be a ballpark figure, depends on quality etc. I don't think I need to tell you that the construction industry is errr, depressed atm:)

You haven't said how thick they are?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

If you have a stove they're better than buying fuel. Although they obviously don't give out as much heat as coal.

Advertisement