Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22 fireingpin

Options
  • 04-05-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

My pin is getting a bit flat at the strikeing point and not impacting the primer hard enough. if anyone knows where i can get one thats not crazy cash, would like a kidd one but any one is fine.
    Would Brownells ship one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Give Harbour Guns a call they are KIDD agents here

next is search at e bay.com and see if they will post here

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

Thanks Clive. nothing on ebay for now.
    will try them on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭nuub

If your looking for a 10/22 firing pin give the lads in harbour guns a call always got KIDD and 10/22 parts in and are dead handy for shooters on a budget ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Harbour aguns in Harbour House probably have Kidd ones they are the Irish importers for Kidd now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Yep Brian had them in the display cabinet today, cant remember the price , but it wasnt mad money

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the messages guys i should have it sorted soon

the US export laws are as odd as our import laws, I ordered
    charging handle and Fireing Pin .
    and out of the two items the chargeing handle is restricted and did not ship. Pins on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

If you have a firearms licence you can import it, if it is coming from the us then it acts as your import licence if it is from within the eu you need an import licence. There are no restrictions on importing parts for your firearms.

juice1304 wrote: »
    If you have a firearms licence you can import it, if it is coming from the us then it acts as your import licence if it is from within the eu you need an import licence. There are no restrictions on importing parts for your firearms.

Are you saying that my licence acts an import licence, i have never herd that before . normaly its a 250 import fee and some paperwork.
    But you would think they would not send the fireing pin over the chargeing handle.

juice1304 wrote: »

But there is restrictions on US companies exporting items.

• Advertisement

Ziggieire wrote: »
    Are you saying that my licence acts an import licence, i have never herd that before . normaly its a 250 import fee and some paperwork.
    But you would think they would not send the fireing pin over the chargeing handle.

You have it mixed up, Yes your firearms licence acts as the import licence if the parts are coming from outside the EU. There is no Fee for an import licence here there is however a $250 fee for an export licence on parts costing more than $100. I have ordered parts from brownells on many occasions.
    But there is restrictions on US companies exporting items.
    There is no restrictions on them shipping the parts all they need is ITAR authorization and many companies don't want to bother with the extra paper work.
    When ordering parts from the states if it is under $100 in value then all it requires is an end user agreement which means only you can own it and you can not sell it or bring it out of the country with out prior permission.
    If the parts cost more than $100 then it requires an export licence which takes a few weeks to get and costs $250. I have ordered parts from america many times without any hassle at all. You just need to order from places with the ITAR authorization.

Good info, any way of knowing before ordering who has those licences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

If you email brownells they might send you a copy.
    Good info, any way of knowing before ordering who has those licences ?

It will say on their site somewhere if they export. Brownells do, another good one for cz parts is kinney's shooting supplies i got a nice rail, a new metal mag well and a few other bits

Advertisement