Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AH FOOK !! They came early this year!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Spiders don't really bother me, but last year it was like the feckers mutated, they were HUGE, and there was so many encounters; woke up in the wee hours one morning to find one was sharing my pillow, another joined me in the shower, and then there was Henry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

OP!!! Lavender cleaning spray??? Shur jaysus they love that stuff. That must be what's drawing them in. It's the feckin' Cedarwood that repels the bstards! It may already be too late...

Yes!!!! Always wanted a giant spider :)

There you go then, problem solved.
    Probably best if I send the entire family, wouldn't want them being lonely or homesick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Out of sight, out of mind OP? You do know the hoover doesn't kill it, a hoover bag is perfect conditions for a female spider to lay eggs. 100s of baby spiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Spiders are highly underrated.

Anything that kills those diseased fly bastards and creepy daddy longlegged things has my immediate respect.

OP!!! Lavender cleaning spray??? Shur jaysus they love that stuff. That must be what's drawing them in. It's the feckin' Cedarwood that repels the bstards! It may already be too late...

Lavender worked as a deterrent last year, used buckets of the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Neadine wrote: »
    Spiders don't really bother me, but last year it was like the feckers mutated, they were HUGE, and there was so many encounters; woke up in the wee hours one morning to find one was sharing my pillow, another joined me in the shower, and then there was Henry!

*sigh* Theres no pleasing some people!

I like spiders, they take care of the fecking blue bottles.

Earwigs (I think that's what they are) and woodlice, they give me the heebie jeebies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

If you saw a swan mother carrying her cygnets on her back you'd probably think it was cute though.

Swans don't crawl into your orifices while you sleep and lay their eggs though!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    *sigh* Theres no pleasing some people!

I know, what can I say... I'm fussy. :rolleyes:

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Swans don't crawl into your orifices while you sleep and lay their eggs though!!! ;)

What pretty images you have put in the head before bedtime.
    Thank you, thank you sooooo much!

I like spiders, they take care of the fecking blue bottles.

Earwigs (I think that's what they are) and woodlice, they give me the heebie jeebies.

Exunctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

What pretty images you have put in the head before bedtime.
    Thank you, thank you sooooo much!

Yeah, I'm actually kinda giving myself the heebie jeebies here tbh! Might be time to unfollow this thread, haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

There you go then, problem solved.
    Probably best if I send the entire family, wouldn't want them being lonely or homesick!

I have trouble living with the opposite sex TBH. We'll get Doug settled and then we'll see what happens OK?!

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm actually kinda giving myself the heebie jeebies here tbh! Might be time to unfollow this thread, haha!

Tut, light weight!
    Wait till your house is invaded, you know there's never just one!
    Don't worry about the ones you can see, worry about the ones you can't see! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah, so you stole my lavender thingy!!

I remember u mentioning it in your thread last year haha. I was using lemon flash at the time hahaha. All thats in the house now is lavender :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Oh bollocks, now I'm terrified :(

I remember u mentioning it in your thread last year haha. I was using lemon flash at the time hahaha. All thats in the house now is lavender :P.

It definitely worked in my house, found a bottle of fabreeze and started spritzing it around windows and vents and there didn't seem to be any more, or I didn't see them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Always sleep with your mouth closed.

Oh bollocks, now I'm terrified :(

What is it you're terrified of?? Do tell??
    Surely not some iddy biddy spiders?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It definitely worked in my house, found a bottle of fabreeze and started spritzing it around windows and vents and there didn't seem to be any more, or I didn't see them.

Ya it was the same last year i had a couple of big ones appear and was like ok feck this its either me or them !!.

So looked it up and appeared that alot of people where using citrus house hold sprays and other sprays that spiders seem to not be very found of.

Well i sure as hell hope thats the case lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Man up and throw the feckers out the window :)k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Always sleep with your mouth closed.

I'd suggest not sleeping at all.

Just in case.....

Ya it was the same last year i had a couple of big ones appear and was like ok feck this its either me or them !!.

So looked it up and appeared that alot of people where using citrus house hold sprays and other sprays that spiders seem to not be very found of.

Well i sure as hell hope thats the case lol.

The only problem is I'm not a huge fan of the smell of lavender! :rolleyes:

Chucken wrote: »
    I'd suggest not sleeping at all.

Just in case.....

I always sleep withmy mouth closed since I was bitten on my tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

What is it you're terrified of?? Do tell??
    Surely not some iddy biddy spiders?!

I hate them so much. After I spotted one behind my head one night :( they're just so big and scary!

You were what now how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

not bothered about spiders in the slightest, when im awake. Hate the thought of them crawling into my ears or mouth when im asleep though, or waking up and seeing dead spider all overmy face as I crushed it on the pillow

off topic but when I was a student I had a wasp nest outside my window, id wake up in the winter months and see about 5-10 huge dying wasps just sitting on the floor beside my bed

couldn't sleep for weeks hearing and seeing them coming in at night :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Eee doo, I dot dotten on de dung dast dight in dy seep :(

I hate them so much. After I spotted one behind my head one night :( they're just so big and scary!

Try waking up to find one of those massive ones on your pillow.
    Making eye contact with a huge spider, in such close proximity, causes you to wake up much faster than Mother Nature ever intended.

• Advertisement

Try waking up to find one of those massive ones on your pillow.
    Making eye contact with a huge spider, in such close proximity, causes you to wake up much faster than Mother Nature ever intended.

Why though? They rarely bite. Most run a mile from you and the fact that you are 100000000000 times bigger kinda mitigates any fear factor.

You were what now how?

Ya, about 6 years ago. Lucky I didn't go into anafalactic shock and choke according to A+E staff. My GF spotted the spider coming out of my mouth and seen the blood.

Have a serious phobia ever since. It was probably just a one in a million event though so I wouldn't worry.

Steve O wrote: »
    Why though? They rarely bite. Most run a mile from you and the fact that you are 100000000000 times bigger kinda mitigates any fear factor.

When I'm sharing my bed I like to be aware of it, call me fussy!!

When I'm sharing my bed I like to be aware of it, call me fussy!!

You sound like fun.

Steve O wrote: »
    You sound like fun.

Oh, like you wouldn't believe!

Good night people.
    Hope you all have spider-free dreams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Good night people.
    Hope you all have spider-free dreams!

Hurry and catch Doug and post him down. Few kids here for him to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Spider proofing tips

:) You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Why the fcuk did I read this entire thread right before I go to sleep?

I knew it was going to be about spiders but I clicked on it anyway. Why do I do this to myself? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I don't know why everyone is afraid of the house spider, i usually mix a few of them up with my cornflakes for breakfast, they add a nice seasoned taste to them with the little legs floating around in the milk.

It's the damn mosquitoes that i'm worried about, they feast on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

In the phobia thread, someone posted about a person who unknowingly had a spider egg laid in their ear, which (against my better judgment) made me Google it to see if it could be true; here's one to make everyone an arachnophobe: linky

I don't mind spiders that much; they tend to kill off some of the plague of moths that would otherwise be around in hot summers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

In the phobia thread, someone posted about a person who unknowingly had a spider egg laid in their ear, which (against my better judgment) made me Google it to see if it could be true; here's one to make everyone an arachnophobe: linky

I don't mind spiders that much; they tend to kill off some of the plague of moths that would otherwise be around in hot summers.

Shiver city here, that's manky. Wear earmuffs when your asleep just incase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

a medium sized one smaller version of the bigger ones

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    **** sake the bolloxs have decided to come out early this year :(

The female hides herself in a dark, un-trafficked section of your house and then blasts the place with pheromones so as they'll "come get her". The ones you actually see are males wandering around looking for sex.

Once I learned this I instantly became a lot more sympathetic to the little feckers - who among us has never resorted to similarly desperate tactics in the middle of a dry spell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Why the fcuk did I read this entire thread right before I go to sleep?

I knew it was going to be about spiders but I clicked on it anyway. Why do I do this to myself? :(

I thought it was gonna be about Spanish students. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

Ah spiders are grand its the wasps that keep me housebound the nasty little yellow bástards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

I've clicked all the links so far, but I'm not going near that one. And the fact that it's the Daily Mail is (for once) the least of my objections.

Advertisement