Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Wiring Advice

Options
  • 04-05-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I have an ethernet wall socket in my sitting room and in the room I keep my PC in. Both sockets are connected together in the T568B arrangement (done by me). My router is in the living room. Naturally I want to connect my router to my PC through these ethernet wall sockets but so far I'm getting nothing.

Here's a breakdown of the setup:

Router <-> patch cable <-> wall socket <-> wall cable <-> wall socket <-> patch cable <-> PC

I've tested the wires using a multimeter and they are all getting though so I figured the problem might be to do with my wiring setup. Do I have to do something special seen as I'm going "wall socket to wall socket"? (e.g. use a cross over cable or mirrored setup or something?)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement