Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No foundation :eek: what cowboy built the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Autosport wrote: »
    Here comes Patricia

Could not see beyond the wall last week that wiring might be flaky, now she cannot see the sand !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So it was originally built by a bunch of cowboys. And the building industry, including the CIF are utterly opposed to any kind of surveyors on site during a build.

I'd go mad if that was my house.

godtabh wrote: »
    Its always about Dermo and what he wants regardless of what the clients want/can afford. If it was me I'd go through him

I just wouldn't employ him.
    Thargor wrote: »
    WTF are Steve and Rachel on about with their phones in those little ads? It doesnt make sense...

God knows, but it's turning me off that bank for life. Genuinely annoying ad series.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Red Kev wrote: »

I just wouldn't employ him.

Either would I. I work with architects that I would have much more confidence in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,362 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would there be any comeback against the previous owners or engineers that surveyed the house pre purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone know the pub they were in? Looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Silly tactics by the clients. Each increase they just cough up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

deco nate wrote: »
    Nailed it.

Celtic tiger builder there deco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Whoever sold them the house for half a million caught them... wonder are they watching tonight?

Ah now I love Rachel and steve :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Would there be any comeback against the previous owners or engineers that surveyed the house pre purchase?

No comeback unless the owners knew and depends on if a pre purchase survey was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

keano25 wrote: »
    €470,000 for that.. no wonder the country is ****ed

Baldoyle was a lot more than that during the boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wonder how much cash they had/what their mortgage is like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's bizarre that a house that cost nearly half a million and they're practically fully rebuilding it with the exception of the front wall.

Surely when they forked out the €470 for the initial build they had a survey done on the house that should've flagged up all these issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mammy and daddy's house looks great. Mel and Aoife should move there permanently. Forget about the other place.

M

The oul RSJ saves the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Parents are lovely

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's bizarre that a house that cost nearly half a million and they're practically fully rebuilding it with the exception of the front wall.

Surely when they forked out the €470 for the initial build they had a survey done on the house that should've flagged up all these issues.

Before they started work, even if they had done a pre purchase survey, they should have gotten a proper building survey. Doesnt look they did.

M

No parking space either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Dermo and his vent, he is a bleeding chancer, anyone check his credentials with the RIAI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I got a phone call. Missed some of it. What's happened. Last I saw they had just begun knocking walls inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

amdublin wrote: »
    Wonder how much cash they had/what their mortgage is like?
    Imagine what she would have got for that money if she'd stayed in New Zealand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Surely when they forked out the €470 for the initial build they had a survey done on the house that should've flagged up all these issues

How so? The roof timbers would be perfectly okay if it wasn't for Dermot and his fancy mezzanine ;)

God that's ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Whoever got that €470k must be doing some laughing now! Easy money

M

Mmm, how much did fancy beach house cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thargor wrote: »
    Imagine what she would have got for that money if she'd stayed in New Zealand...

Hurts my brain to think about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭goochy

Eyesore. Won't age well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

trixychic wrote: »
    I got a phone call. Missed some of it. What's happened. Last I saw they had just begun knocking walls inside.

You didn't miss much so. There was the usual drama that happens every episode that pushes the budget way up, and now we're back on track and building again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement