Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,219 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How does this cowboy bannon sleep at night?

On a bed of money I suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Lovely relaxed couple.

Gorgeous patient builder.

Incredibly annoying architect.

Unimpressive expensive house.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

Must say I don't like upside down houses. Not great for the older folk or wheelchair users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Autosport wrote: »
    Wow!! €207,000

I thought it wasn't bad value for everything they got actually.

I reckon people would look in /see them more when they are living upstairs , what ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Lovely relaxed couple.

Couldn't agree more!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Sono

Unbelievable job on that house, the builder was a gas man, fit to kill Dermot at times!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I liked it but would have spent the €670k differently (and I would think better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Rich patents on one side anyway would be the secret.

Rich parents do not make guaranteed happiness. They are very much in love with each other, that's their secret.
    Wow!! €207,000

Cheap at the price considering the foundations and new roof.

I like the general design, needed one big window, but possibly planning would be refused. The ballustrade and stairs didn't do it for me, actually needs glass there IMO.

Walls looked bare with no photos/paintings but I guess the ladies will put their own stamp on in in the future. Didn't like the gravel garden either, but there's probably a reason for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

Lovely relaxed couple.

Its all about the view. Fair play to them they got what they wanted anyway. Nice couple, nice house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

37K over budget.

That's some contingency fund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I always wonder about the practicality of this. Like their living space would be right beside next doors bedrooms. I wonder was there any soundproofing considered. A lot of chairs on noisy timber floors etc., likewise their bedrooms downstairs would be beside sitting room/kitchen of next door..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I like the kitchen living areas being upstairs with the view. Makes great sense IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Bullocks wrote: »

I reckon people would look in /see them more when they are living upstairs , what ye think ?

Yes def.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Agree that the railing should have been glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

They are delighted with the value they got!
    Some people have money to burn

They both have good, high paid jobs. So yeah, they have their own money to burn, fair play to them.
    Bullocks wrote: »

Ironically, half the country knows the house now, if I ever go on a spin past it, I'll be sure to have a gawp, where normally I wouldn't pass another look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I know next week's house. I though I saw scaffolding up outside it last week??? Surely not! It didn't look remotely finished. I will have to take a spin tomorrow and see what's going on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Call me Al wrote: »
    I know next week's house. I though I saw scaffolding up outside it last week??? Surely not! It didn't look remotely finished. I will have to take a spin tomorrow and see what's going on with it.

What part of the country is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Don't get views myself normally, the only view I'd be interested in is that on the 50" tv but have to say it was impressive. A lovely pair, wish them all the best in their new home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Well.... There in negative equity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I like the house ,suits the couple imo.They seemed to be genuinely happy with it and it was refreshing not to have a bossy annoying client.

Very hot builder made it an very enjoyable show too.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Where??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

goochy wrote: »
    As far as I know munster joinery are only place that can supply certified Windows .not sure what that means exactly but they are doing great business here and .uk because of this.

Passive certification I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I don't think it was bothering them though , they wanted that house where it was and could obviously afford it .

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

What part of the country is it in?

Know it well Maynooth

Colser wrote: »
    I like the house ,suits the couple imo.They seemed to be genuinely happy with it and it was refreshing not to have a bossy annoying client.

Very hot builder made it an very enjoyable show too.:pac:

Very refreshing I agree to have non demanding divas as clients . It wasn't all about them. They got what Dermot wanted to create .....no silly hissy fits about handles on all the kitchen presses etc . Coolest house of the series .....coolest couple too 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

The finished product definitely had the wow factor and while I hate white walls, it worked here. Yes, the cost was huge but worth it. Good builder, I'd say he did himself a few favours here and lovely clients. Best build yet.

To a certain extent being in negative equity only matters if you want sell up and move on.

Best of luck to them I hope they are always as happy there for a long time to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lisha wrote: »
    Yo s certain extent being in negative equity only matters if you want tinsel up and move on.
    Leave the house at Christmas? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I liked what they did to the house. The finish is great on the inside but I didn't like the finished look of the outside. They seem to be a genuinely nice couple and I hope they have many years of happiness in their gorgeous home. The view is amazing, I'd love it.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Leave the house at Christmas? :pac:

Lol bloody autocorrect. Wine + web browsing = dodgy grammar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement