Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

How much how much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah Ian should definitely keep the beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

205 wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fair play to hawt builder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

€560k

Lovely house but mad money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Did we get a cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

How much how much

Bought for 355
    Patricia said they spend 205k

But I think there was more spent on the finishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

George looks like Micheal Carruth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

awanderer wrote:
    The one thing that doesn't work for me is the stove. It is too small for the room.

Agreed. It needs a double sized one. Its lost looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Wow 205 , beautiful detail in that finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can't wait to see how the kid with the nautical bedroom is getting on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Loved that little lad, be good to see how he's getting on

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Girl 01 Analog

Do mezzanines like that not make it difficult heating the house in winter, especially a big detached house like that?

I remember that lady. And that young fella was a great episode - a brilliant young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The bathroom didn't look good. You had to squeeze part the bath and sink to get to the bog. Didn't like the tiling too - seemed dated to me.

Mezzanine was quite narrow too.

I wish they went for sash windows, but the finish and styling was fantastic.

I wonder does a crowd come in to style the house for the reveal like home magazines do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Stunning house and lovely family also.
    Not a sunken room or glass box in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

amdublin wrote: »
    I remember that lady. And that young fella was a great episode - a brilliant young man.

Lovely people! Ann and Barry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I know most of the outdoor stuff like the bay trees and firepits are brought in every episode by the production company but I wonder are some of the interior finishes brought as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

awanderer wrote: »
    I like that couple :) .

The one thing that doesn't work for me is the stove. It is too small for the room.

No hearth, can you imagine the dirt everywhere. Completely impractical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,052 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lisha wrote: »
    Some money spent on the finishes

I think I remember reading before on this thread that a lot of the time the furniture and ornaments etc are brought in for the unveiling/final filming and then removed again when the show leaves.

• Advertisement

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I know most of the outdoor stuff like the bay trees and firepits are brought in every episode by the production company but I wonder are some of the interior finishes brought as well.
    I reckon so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

It seems like reasonable money from a Dublin perspective, you'd only get an ok semi for that at the moment.
    I'll convince my Dublin missus to venture outside the m50 yet ☺

Do mezzanines like that not make it difficult heating the house in winter, especially a big detached house like that?

I would hope they insulated the life out of that place and it was too boring to show on the TV. Insulation has never featured much on this show as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I would hope they insulated the life out of that place and it was too boring to show on the TV. Insulation has never featured much on this show as far as I can remember.

Duncan Stewart was some buachaill for the insulation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Crazy money spent, it is my favourite so far this season but i dont think its worth that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Id like to see a few minutes chatting to the builder on the show about the nuts and bolts of what they did . It be interesting viewing

Duncan Stewart was some buachaill for the insulation!

I miss Duncan. He was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No blinds or curtains anywhere :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

My favourite house of the series so far. I know it's a mad thing to say but I'm glad they had to scrape the extension due to the roof. I think they ended up with a much nicer house as a result because Dermot wasn't able to sick on his glass box. Love the mezzanine.

I'd agree a bigger stove would have looked better. Don't like the bathroom tiles at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

She's a Donegal gal to the person that asked!

I remember reading that Woodies or B&Q, one of the big hardware stores do the final interior finish and then take it back. Evidenced by the fire pit every episode :-)

I stayed in a hotel where the bed was centred and the back of the headboard was a wardrobe and I didn't like it at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement