Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,645 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pretzill wrote: »
    I agree with the other poster who said they found this episode depressing. The house being located so close to the road would put me off - but in the opening scenes it was a stunning looking house - from the front (I presume it backed onto the road because of the large door there)

It was awful to see it being pulled apart and to see it's character go with it. I also thought the windows looked awful.

But I suppose when you live in it it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside - And in the end it was nicely styled (mezzanine apart - too narrow)

It also looked like the couple were getting exasperated by the process. The girl wanted a large open fireplace and they made it sound like such a complicated thing. But could they not have built a lovely wide fireplace and just put the stove in it? So impractical having a stove sticking out there - the dust - the ash (that just annoyed me)

Fun to watch though - but I get a more covetous fix watching Grand Designs!

Yeah thought the stove looked awful , it didn't suit the wall and should have being made s feature rather than just a freestanding box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

ted1 wrote: »
    Yeah thought the stove looked awful , it didn't suit the wall and should have being made s feature rather than just a freestanding box

Having an open fire is a bit mad nowadays - not to mention the traffic noise coming down the chimney !
    I'd have put in a big stove to belt out the heat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Did anyone hear the stove man saying they would need a meter x a meter vent if they went for a big open fireplace ? Sounds alot
    Did anyone notice the bracing of the gable when they stripped the roof , I'd swear that it looked like it was braced off the scaffolding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

recipio wrote: »
    Having an open fire is a bit mad nowadays - not to mention the traffic noise coming down the chimney !

The traffic noise didn't even occur to me! But yeah big stove, but I would have thought it better if it was recessed into a fireplace surround - flue would be narrower on stove - with a place to display the logs. Sometimes I wonder about the practicality of those stand out stoves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,645 ✭✭✭✭ted1

recipio wrote: »

I never mentioned open fire, putting it into the wall , building a fire place around it , or having the flue going out too, or putting it in the corner would have made it look better, the way it was sticking out on a plain white wall made it look like a box and didn't suit the room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lisha wrote: »
    Some money spent on the finishes

Quite a lot of the stuff was from IKEA. I recongised the chair on the mezzanine as being from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

What's the story with tonight's episode. ..is it just a revisit of old projects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

What's the story with tonight's episode. ..is it just a revisit of old projects?

Think Dermot is revisiting 3 of his favourite projects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ahh the great why park the car outside of he patio door episode! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dermot is a bit smugger than usual in this episode or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Those couches look really silly lined up and shoved up against the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,052 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

amdublin wrote: »
    Dermot is a bit smugger than usual in this episode or something??

He's going around to all his old projects and hearing from the customers that the houses work exactly like he wanted them to. He's like a pig in sh1te.

The husband is hearing none of Dermots chatter! Very amusing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

amdublin wrote: »
    Those couches look really silly lined up and shoved up against the wall.

Are you Dermot?

Ahh they are such a lovely real happy family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Quazzie wrote: »
    He's going around to all his old projects and hearing from the customers that the houses work exactly like he wanted them to. He's like a pig in sh1te.
    Except for the couches, as noted above :P
    "Looks like a nursing home" :pac::pac::pac:

Update: now said 3x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I like the "void" thing, I think it looks well.

Couches don't suit the room, but I suppose they suit small kids for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm enjoying this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Surely it matters not where they have the couches as long as it works for them in their family home, pushed up against the wall so the young lads can slide in the wooden floor in their socks, keeps em quiet for bit every evening....perfect

Lisha wrote: »
    Ahh they are such a lovely real happy family

They are the cutest, loving the banter between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

This couple are very entertaining, they come across as very happy :)

Good man dermot, not just doing the Charidee bit to get his face in the paper like a lot do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,052 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I missed the start of this. Where is this house?

They ring Dermot asking did he know a celebrity to make a guest appearance for charity and he says sure I'll do it.

Dermot you lovable smug git! :)

Quazzie wrote: »
    I missed the start of this. Where is this house?

Longford somewhere

Legan

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

It is nice to have some light now, isn't it? Does it feel like now you have a space separate from the pub? My idea turned out to be great, didn't it? Do you like being able to enjoy the view?

Dermot has a way of asking questions that don't exactly allow multiple choices for their answer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don't remember this couple

Autosport wrote: »

I do unfortunately, they're really annoying!

Autosport wrote: »

American style fridge drama!!
    American didn't like Dermot hiding the fridge in a press/cupboard!!

• Advertisement

Has the mother [snip]? [snip]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement