Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lisha wrote: »
    I've seen amazing photo's taken of old abandoned houses. unreal stuff do moving to see everything.think it was an exhibition lately
    I remember as a kid visiting Gola Island off Donegal.... it was almost creepy, exactly like that house except a whole community of them. Like they all just walked away one day :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Lovely wallpaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm gagging listening to engagement story.

The house is interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

That's their 'journey'? That they had a long-haul holiday & he proposed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Whenever theirs demolition I can see my fathers heat rate increasing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Such an advantage to be gifted a house or a site.
    You really are completely screwed in Ireland if you dont have someone to give you a house or the money for one these days, its a complete 2 tier society of haves and have-nots. Funnily enough this time around a recession will make it worse, continued economic growth will make it worse and staying as we are will make it worse! Screwed 3 ways with no end in sight. But this isnt the thread for that I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Utility room at the opposite side to the kitchen??

Clueless. Put it behind the kitchen in the shed and put the boot room in with it.

40 years of running through the sitting room and hallway to do anything.

Also no contingency for rot or other problems associated with older houses, which is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Her grandfather is a butterfly...

Thargor wrote: »
    You really are completely screwed in Ireland if you dont have someone to give you a house or the money for one these days, its a complete 2 tier society of haves and have-nots. Funnily enough this time around a recession will make it worse, continued economic growth will make it worse and staying as we are will make it worse! Screwed 3 ways with no end in sight. But this isnt the thread for that I suppose.

It would be probably cheaper to do a new built. Getting land is handy though.

Oh, now there's a boot room to the rear. Hm, somebody must have had a word...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dermot "assumed"

Jesus. There's Grandad again. Keeping a close eye on things. I don't blame you, Grandad-butterfly...

If I won the lottery I would knock my very very old house down and rebuild it back up new, would be much cheaper.

Are we meant to think that Dermot thought the chimney breast would just magically disappear? :confused:

I think the production team are starting to take the viewers for fools here, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,354 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€2 a text to enter that competition with a prize of just €5k, hard times in RTÉ.

OMG!! Looks like we're going to have some drama about a window!!!!!

We've never had that on Room to Improve before...... This could be good, I'm on the edge of my seat...or maybe none of the above is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Red Kev wrote: »
    Clueless. Put it behind the kitchen in the shed and put the boot room in with it.

40 years of running through the sitting room and hallway to do anything.

Also no contingency for rot or other problems associated with older houses, which is mad.

Imagine going to put washing on and it milling down rain outside.
    Also would you not hear the washing machine / dryer in the bedroom if you put them on at night?

Next weeks spoiler and also final in the series!

Dermot Bannon helps a Dublin couple transform a 1970s house that has remained largely unchanged since it was built. Dermot proposes adding a steep-roofed extension, but his plans upset the neighbours, who fear their garden will be overshadowed, while surveyor Lisa O'Brien struggles to incorporate it into her budget. Last in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Another increase in the budget lol

Builder ha ha ha!

• Advertisement

I'm now thoroughly confused.... they wanted the fireplace, then they didn't want the chimney breast, they decided and negotiated to keep it, and now they've demolished it?

WTF? :confused:

Talking Sh1t.

New fav builder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Let's all laugh at poo jokes!! Ffs are they 7yrs old

I can't believe he missed the septic tank. Amateurish. Or just for TV?

**** goes down hill!

Boards and their ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

RobertKK wrote: »
    Talking Sh1t.

It's going downhill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I like this builder.

Dat's riiight! :D

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Another increase in the budget lol

I am sure they have some contingency. It would be insane not to have it for old house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement