Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

No blinds or curtains in that house? It'll look crap when they're covered up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

210 is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Granny had a few sherrys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Kitchen area seems very small for the size of the room...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I like it except the window.
    me_irl wrote: »
    Feckin' terrible isn't it?

I actually thought it looked quite well.

Would be nice to sit there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I liked Paschal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

The grandmother doesn't loom impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Did they really end up with only 2 bedrooms?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

That couple are a bit too nice. I'd love to see them just say "getting rid of the hobbit window for sure" at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Minister wrote: »
    Hold on now......she still did one or two diva bits!!!!

She was lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is that an open fireplace?

Thought you couldn't have those any more, has to be a sealed stove or heat recovery unit

I'd say it's not a real chimney after all the drama. Just a fireplace and some candles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,651 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

meeeeh wrote: »
    It's not a big house but they did quite well. I would love exposed beans.

The neighbours would see your exposed beams through the hobbit window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

bee06 wrote: »
    I'd say it's not a real chimney after all the drama. Just a fireplace and some candles.
    I would say it's real, didn't the builders have a fire going in it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Yeh it was just candles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is that an open fireplace?

Thought you couldn't have those any more, has to be a sealed stove or heat recovery unit

It was filled with candles - obviously a false fireplace. Wonder how Granny will feel about that?
    I like it except the window.

I cannot get over the sheer brazenness of Dermot in insisting that was his intention. It was completely ridiculous! Nearly worse than the stairs window debacle (although maybe not).

Mostly I liked the final outcome - although that giant glazed wall facing out to the front... I know it's down the end of a road with grass growing up it, but still.....

harr wrote: »
    I would say it's real, didn't the builders have a fire going in it ?

True, I'd forgotten about that. Or was that the fireplace where the stove ended up?

It's a renovation anyway so current air tightness requirements wouldn't apply I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

honeybear wrote: »
    She was lovely!

For a teacher she wasn't so bad at all. Quite pleasant!!!!!
    (Says he grudgingly!!!) 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Yeh it was just candles.

I think upstairs had to be removed to make space for stairs. At least that is what I got from the whole chimney discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,353 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

murpho999 wrote: »
    I actually thought it looked quite well.

Would be nice to sit there.

I think it would be nice if they had kids in that it would be at their level.

dclifford wrote: »
    Did they really end up with only 2 bedrooms?
    3 - two upstairs, and the master one side of the hallway on the ground floor.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I cannot get over the sheer brazenness of Dermot in insisting that was his intention. It was completely ridiculous! Nearly worse than the stairs window debacle (although maybe not).

Mostly I liked the final outcome - although that giant glazed wall facing out to the front... I know it's down the end of a road with grass growing up it, but still.....

If I was in the market for an architect I definitely wouldn't be going with Dermot anyway. All the mistakes this series plus all the designs look the same. How many times has he done the kitchen, dining, sitting area in one long room?

I'm surprised no one has snapped and said "you know what Dermot, I'm paying for it so I'll pick the fecking colour I want!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Ginger83

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It was filled with candles - obviously a false fireplace. Wonder how Granny will feel about that?

I don't get your comment about the road? Some would adore the privacy of the location!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Just watched beginning again on +1 and the roof of cowshed is grey in Dermot's 3D plan and looks so much better than the red.
    It blends in rather than sticks out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,775 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I was in the market for an architect I definitely wouldn't be going with Dermot anyway. All the mistakes this series plus all the designs look the same. How many times has he done the kitchen, dining, sitting area in one long room?

I'm surprised no one has snapped and said "you know what Dermot, I'm paying for it so I'll pick the fecking colour I want!"

That's what people go to Dermot for tough the big open plan kitchen/living room tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Does anyone nowadays not do open plan living area? Between friends and us we did about ten self builds in different countries and counties, all open plan living areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just saw on twitter there that someone asked Dermot about the utility room and he said they linked it to the hall so no going outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Autosport wrote: »
    I prefer the reddy colour over the green

Well the colour will attract the Red Oxide Warriers come the summer when they roam the countryside looking for roofs to paint whether you want them painted or not. I preferred the green meself.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Does anyone nowadays not do open plan living area? Between friends and us we did about ten self builds in different countries and counties, all open plan living areas.

I have no issue with the open plan, I have it myself. It's the positioning of the kitchen, sitting area etc in one long line that I just find boring.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I don't get your comment about the road? Some would adore the privacy of the location!
    The comment was aimed at the floor-to-ceiling wall windows facing out to the front of the house, not to slag the road.

It's down the end of a country lane (according to the owner at the start of the programme) so you're not likely to have too many people peering in at you, but I still wouldn't fancy it!

(and that's from someone with two road-facing windows, about 8 feet from the footpath, and no net curtains!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just to mention, we have a totally separate kitchen area, small enough, but it's great. No one can see the chaos in the cooking area, and there is enough space for a table too.

I can see (obv lol) the trend for open plan reverting sometime. Well I would say that, wouldn't I!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement