Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

She's the main earner. Don't know her personally but know of her. She's recently left a very good job with a betting company with a pretty big cheque in hand and got a new job in RM

RM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

P.lane78 wrote: »
    were the neighbours at the party ??

I don't think he'll be seeing or speaking to the neighbours ever again. They got rightly screwed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

loads of vitamin D supplements for the poor neighbours :D

I know they said they were ok with it but I wish they let us see the finished project from the neighbours side. I'd be really upset if someone blocked the sun at the back of my house. We got lovely new neighbours last year but I was terrified they would build a bit monstrosity and block the sun. I know we don't get great summers here but that's all the more reason to enjoy a bit of rare sunshine of an evening after a days work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

honeybear wrote: »
    Sarah???

If you mean the woman who locked the husbands all Ireland medal in a room. Then yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Risk management seemingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I live in a very old house, the windows are not big, just wondering if all those houses with a lot of glass, if they get very hot on a hot summer's day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

She's the main earner. Don't know her personally but know of her. She's recently left a very good job with a betting company with a pretty big cheque in hand and got a new job in RM

RM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

RM?

Risk managment

Poor dog only gets to be under the stairs :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

She seems nice to be fair ....

Never met her but the people that do know her says she's pretty nice and down to earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

RobertKK wrote: »
    I live in a very old house, the windows are not big, just wondering if all those houses with a lot of glass, if they get very hot on a hot summer's day?

In Ireland? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

There nothing risky about a 650K house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

meeeeh wrote: »
    In Ireland? :p

I live in Kilkenny, we hold the record at 33.3C :D

Augeo wrote: »
    Poor dog only gets to be under the stairs :(

Since we are waiting to bury leather armchair together with the dog I have very little sympathy for Kent. In fact I might copy the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Yes it gets pretty hot inside and you need to open the doors to let the heat out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Roasting. Even today my house was super hot when the sun was shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I actually really liked it. I liked the interior. Thought the layout worked well and it felt open plan but wasn't "too open" The extension looked nice from the back, wasn't out of proportion with the rest of the house and I also liked that the front wasn't pretending to be anything it wasn't....A semi-detached. Really nice house for a Semi-D....oh and most importantly. The dog house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Were the next door neighbours at the house warming ? Wonder what they thought of the finished extension ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bullocks wrote: »
    Were the next door neighbours at the house warming ? Wonder what they thought of the finished extension ?

I saw the man anyway, briefly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bullocks wrote: »

They looked one foot in the grave, disliked how they approached that one. Clarke Kent didn't have the balls to go and sort it with them.

Overall I really dislike your man, seems like a self absorbed idiot, why bring Dermot on board if he had the ultimate vision from when he grew up.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    Roasting. Even today my house was super hot when the sun was shining.

I think it gets nicely warm but not in unbearable hot way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Calhoun wrote: »
    They looked one foot in the grave, disliked how they approached that one. Clarke Kent didn't have the balls to go and sort it with them.

Overall I really dislike your man, seems like a self absorbed idiot, why bring Dermot on board if he had the ultimate vision from when he grew up.

To be fair, if there's anytime to be a bit demanding and particular it's for the biggest purchase of your life. It's not like that teacher in the last series who was an absolute weapon after being gifted a house by the in-laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I agree with all of that. Just as an aside,do firemen have an inflated regard for themselves I wonder? Genuinely curious.

They will be living in it. It's much better argue about stuff when it's being built than whinge after.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Builder: "23 pieces of steel going into a 20 sq metre extension; kinda unheard of"

(*At the party he said 26 pieces).

Was that much spend on the extension really necessary? The patio looked small and dark and shadowed by the neighbours chimney. A conventional build full width extension would have given more privacy and more budget to spend elsewhere on the rennovation. It may have also over-shadowed the neighbours less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Very odd height difference between the couple. Sometimes he was miles taller and sometimes miles smaller.

I know where she works and fair to say much better job. I've met her briefly and let's just say he married up. Nice girl.

I didnt like it either . Going that high on the boundary wall was something they all knew about from the start except the couple next door . Shouldve mentioned it when they were drawing up plans really .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

amtc wrote: »
    Very odd height difference between the couple. Sometimes he was miles taller and sometimes miles smaller.

I know where she works and fair to say much better job. I've met her briefly and let's just say he married up. Nice girl.

Did they mention where she grew up or did I miss that?

• Advertisement

Did they mention where she grew up or did I miss that?

Cavan I think they said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement