Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

They said last week that the final house was delayed in completion and episode will be aired asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,838 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ah I see it's the breaker of balls tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Anyone watching?

I know it's s repeat but I don't think I remember it

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ah I see it's the breaker of balls tonight

Oh really, I'm definitely watching so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lisha wrote: »
    Anyone watching?

I know it's s repeat but I don't think I remember it

How could you forget???

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    How could you forget???

I must've missed it.....

Lisha wrote: »
    I must've missed it.....

Edit church bedroom has triggered the memories for me . This is the guy who had to hide his medals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I often see threads on here about daughters in laws with nightmare mothers in law's and this episode made me doubt the daughter in laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I remember her. She was a right wagon.
    Felt sorry for the mother in law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

I remember this one!!!!!

I have never disliked anyone on this programme as much as Sarah and Dara for the way he allows her to treat his mother.

I wonder how Mary is getting on with them now. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

A re-showing of the episode where the mother, Mary, would like a seperate self-contained unit on the same side as the church so she can look out at the church. Her son said: "One of mams wishes would be to have her living space and bedroom on the church side". Guess what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is this the update where the mother in law is put in one of those "James Bond " rooms with the rooms getting smaller and smaller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Poor Mary!

...and the pitch forks come out of the roof as it gets lower and lower. ... (to the sound of church bells )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,838 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No surprise they really showed this episode. A lot of talk about this when it came out first. Probably the most discussed episode ever on boards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

This programme is the one which would absolutely justify my decision never to take on Dermot Bannon as an architect.

You had one brief: give an elderly lady a view of the church. You failed to even consider it.

Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Aw, poor Mary. I remember this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm turning over. I can't watch this as I'll be going to bed angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I think this was the first episode of this show that I ever saw, I figured it was standard behaviour on the show, I was wrong.

The daughter in law was such a horror show, a very selfish person, the son wasn't much better.

When yer man says he'd like to keep his Dad's old hurleys. She goes:" uh yeah." Probably eyeing them up as firewood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,352 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

An ad for Ferrari Land, the boom is back.

Red Kev wrote: »
    When yer man says he'd like to keep his Dad's old hurleys. She goes:" uh yeah." Probably eyeing them up as firewood.

...to burn someone. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oh I have no memories attached to this house.....
    Not very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is this episode from last year... Or a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

ligerdub wrote: »
    I think this was the first episode of this show that I ever saw, I figured it was standard behaviour on the show, I was wrong.

The daughter in law was such a horror show, a very selfish person, the son wasn't much better.

I'm not sure she even is the daughter in law. They were just introduced as partners and they don't have wedding rings, but prob married since. A bit weird to have your sons g/f having any say in the reconstruction of the property at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I get the impression the daughter in law and his mother are not on speaking terms, body language is not good between them, she turned her back on the daughter in law when she came to inspect the demolition.

Ah shes a teacher(sarah) a royal pain in the h0le ,that says it all

That was the other thing: the mother was moved to one side of the house. On the patio on her side there was 3 steps going down to the sitting room. This was needed as he did the sunken sitting room thing.

If he considered that one of the three people in the house is elderly then he'd have as few steps as possible. It's like the house in Mayo where the mother was living with them and he gave them a house full of steps and twists and turns.

That mother wasn't impressed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

An ad for Ferrari Land, the boom is back.

Will we go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

Ok no one else is saying it so I'm going to, Sarah - what a bitch

Ok I get the feeling I'm being manipulated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Take the dog of the table!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement