Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Dermot's back this week with a programme of the building at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin. I'd say budget won't be too much of a problem there..... wonder if he'll try to persuade them to change a few features half way through the build............

'The nation's favourite architect is back on your screens tonight for this one-off special where he follows the redevelopment of the Royal College of Surgeons' building on St Stephen's Green in Dublin which sees it modernised from its prestigious 19th-century base to a bespoke 21st-century world-class training centre. Filmed over two years, it follows the trials and tribulations of the build from its first inception through to the finished jaw-dropping reveal. "This is the story of one of the biggest, most exciting building projects in Ireland", said Dermot Bannon. And if Dermot said it, it must be true'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Radio5 wrote: »
    Dermot's back this week with a programme of the building at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin. I'd say budget won't be too much of a problem there..... wonder if he'll try to persuade them to change a few features half way through the build............

'The nation's favourite architect is back on your screens tonight for this one-off special where he follows the redevelopment of the Royal College of Surgeons' building on St Stephen's Green in Dublin which sees it modernised from its prestigious 19th-century base to a bespoke 21st-century world-class training centre. Filmed over two years, it follows the trials and tribulations of the build from its first inception through to the finished jaw-dropping reveal. "This is the story of one of the biggest, most exciting building projects in Ireland", said Dermot Bannon. And if Dermot said it, it must be true'.

Should be good ..........its tomorrow night RTE1 9.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

recipio wrote: »
    Should be good ..........its tomorrow night RTE1 9.30.
    It was interesting...he wasnt involved at all. The lady managing the project seemed fantastic though. I would love to have seen some more details with regards the plans etc but hey....all those floors underground and a basketball court to boot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone know what benefits are for taking part ?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

You get Dermot for free, if that's a benefit I'll let you decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

any update on the missing show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

any update on the missing show

Being filmed any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭pjordan

The architectural fees are covered. Also you tend to get very competitive tenders because of the publicity involved. Equally a lot of the suppliers will give pretty good discount with the prospect of positive publicity. I’d say overall you're looking at a potential discount of 15-20% saving on the market price of the project. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

That builder lad that's often on was on another show last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

liam7831 wrote: »
    That builder lad that's often on was on another show last night
    Yes he was on Desperate Houses last night. I knew I knew him from somewhere but couldn't figure out where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lisha wrote: »
    I'd say it's more to do with the builders rather than the architect. I look forward to seeing that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I'd say it's more to do with the builders rather than the architect. I look forward to seeing that episode.

wouldn't. Let bannon anywhere near my house never thought he took into accounts customer views much just pushed his own agenda.

Sometimes in the show the builders work is slowed down due to lack of directions and decision delays on Dermit’s side. Dermot being uncontactable is often an issue for both client and builder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Sometimes in the show the builders work is slowed down due to lack of directions and decision delays on Dermit’s side. Dermot being uncontactable is often an issue for both client and builder.

Agreed. Does he holiday in North Korea or what.:D

Indeed but for someone like Daniel O'Donnell I think he'd be easily reachable.

We will see. A smooth episode won't be any fun :D
    This sounds promising for a good episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Can we expect Dermot back soon? Will we ever see that missing episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

mloc123 wrote: »
    Can we expect Dermot back soon? Will we ever see that missing episode?

No ads for it being launched yet.
    Will probably replace Striking Out I think that has two episodes left. So maybe the 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

No ads for it being launched yet.
    Will probably replace Striking Out I think that has two episodes left. So maybe the 18th.

Heard from a friend that at least one of the houses for the new season is nowhere near finished so it could be a while yet before we see the new season. They’d usually be advertising by now. Hopefully we get a few if some of the houses are finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw an ad for it. It's back the 18th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dermot posted a pic on instagram over the weekend with the #roomtoimprove

I wonder will the missing episode from the previous season be episode 1 of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Daniel and Majellas home is finished :D I can’t wait to see that episode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 LambDev

Back tonight. 9.35

LambDev wrote: »
    Back tonight. 9.35

I’m ridiculously happy about this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Should make it a drinking game ? Down the hatch anytime Dermot says bright, natural light, clean finish, airy or multi functional 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepintheback

Should make it a drinking game ? Down the hatch anytime Dermot says bright, natural light, clean finish, airy or multi functional 😊

I laughed so much at this!! So true!
    Also anytime he goes over the budget and Patricia Power gives a rant about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,352 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ladies and gentlemen start your cement mixers, here we go :D

It’s a fab house on a great site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Majella shouldn't really let people know that she's home alone 46 weeks of the year.

Now Dermot is reminding us..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement