Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Looks amazing now. But 1/3rd over budget. Worth it imo.

Just for the secret door:D

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The poor QS had very little input

We should see lots more of her in the show.... get sick of dermot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

They got their way with the floor at least.

Wouldn't it be colder on tiles than wood, although not everyone gets underfloor heating?
    Great views from it now.

Now that it's facing the right way, although his previous house was bigger on Cruit Island, he had state of the art security on it, as he was always away!:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thoroughly enjoyable episode.

Daniel is great craic.

Majella is an absolute lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,352 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

55% over budget...

Yes but wee Daniel won't be going in to NAMA, he's minted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,650 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Watching on the +1. What in the name of jayzus were they thinking about with the archy doorways when whoever built it?

Quantity Surveyor has the personality of one of those wooden tiles - she doesn’t try to participate - way too serious !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yeah I dont get all the dislike for majella. I quite like her and I get annoyed by ppl very easily. Now I could do without him tbh but I think the bounce well off one another and to be fair I think shes been great for him. He'did he a lot more annoying without her.

Quantity Surveyor has the personality of one of those wooden tiles - she doesn’t try to participate - way too serious !

That's hardly fair. Not everyone is interested in being a tv personality. She's a QS doing her job and managing Dermot as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah I dont get all the dislike for majella. I quite like her and I get annoyed by ppl very easily. Now I could do without him tbh but I think the bounce well off one another and to be fair I think shes been great for him. He'did he a lot more annoying without her.

Daniel was great craic on Strictly , he is witty in his own right when he can get a word in edgeways

• Advertisement

Jaysus...a brief glimpse of a reference to SEAI grants on his first costing. Closest he's gotten to mentioning energy yet

Jaysus...a brief glimpse of a reference to SEAI grants on his first costing. Closest he's gotten to mentioning energy yet

There was fleeting mention of triple glazing

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    There was fleeting mention of triple glazing

Any context to it or just a mention of "triple glazing"?

Any context to it or just a mention of "triple glazing"?

No just a little mention as the put in the massive windows

Daniel wants some Inception level ensuiteing.

"You don't really need it but why wouldn't you have an ensuite in an ensuite. Just in case.

That's hardly fair. Not everyone is interested in being a tv personality. She's a QS doing her job and managing Dermot as well

Yes maybe. However the previous girl was far more smiley and friendly and just seemed to be enjoying the process more . She bounced off Dermot more than this girl does. While she is of course doing her job this is a TV production first and foremost , made for Sunday night entertainment , she obviously got the job knowing it was a TV production and that aspect of it was important - it’s not your regular QS job. It’s possibly just down to personalities and how they get on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

jam83 wrote: »
    Majella is a right dose. Daniel didn't open the doors to the neighbours, they mustn't be talking!

She done all the talking, promoting it on radio shows, etc she's hard to bear at times i'm told :(
    Fairly small get together at the end, was expecting hundreds to turn out.

Was it during the day?, could be that all the neighbours are at work :P
    No doubt the Barrys sign didn't come yet?

But soon enough his other heavily promoted show will be on, hard to miss the car too with the billboards :P

Whatever happened to the last surveyor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think there was a bit of scripting going on. People were looking forward to the Daniel and Majella episode so if Daniel wasn’t going to be a little bit difficult then it was going to be a disappointment and I think he played up to that.
    But he would be from a background where no matter how many millions you had into the bank you just don’t throw perfectly serviceable wardrobes into a skip .
    It’s quite literally a mortal sin.
    Same with the blinds.
    Far from new blinds you were reared wee Daniel. He can hear his mother in his ear.
    Turned out lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

I’d ride that quantity surveyor

Yes maybe. However the previous girl was far more smiley and friendly and just seemed to be enjoying the process more . She bounced off Dermot more than this girl does. While she is of course doing her job this is a TV production first and foremost , it’s not a documentary .

I take it you could go on camera while doing your job and come across as a good tv presence?

It may be a tv production but she's not being paid by RTE or to be anything other than a QS.

Also, Patricia Power was pretty much the same in her early days.

Her role is to be the sensible one when Dermot is throwing in the expensive stuff.

All that aside, her input so far has been fine in the first part of it...having a bit of craic with Dermot in the car.

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to the last surveyor?

Young family, RTI was taking up too much time outside of her own job so wanted to wind back the not-so-necessary stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Daniel seems like he's as tight as a ducks arse.

No but my work doesn’t involved TV so I don’t need to have a good tv presence.

This new QS would have been employed for this show , or it would have been part of her job spec . It’s hardly just some random QS , I’m sure she was asked about doing the TV show and had a say in it ?

So I’m just saying I enjoyed the previous QS more , she had a more bubbly personality and a better way of dealing with dermot . Is that ok to say without getting shot down ? It’s simply my opinion.

No but my work doesn’t involved TV so I don’t need to have a good tv presence.

This new QS would have been employed for this show , or it would have been part of her job spec . It’s hardly just some random QS , I’m sure she was asked about doing the TV show and had a say in it ?

So I’m just saying I enjoyed the previous QS more , she had a more bubbly personality and a better way of dealing with dermot . Is that ok to say without getting shot down ? It’s simply my opinion.

Patricia was great for keeping Dermots feet firmly on the ground and took no bull from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,352 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    I’d ride that quantity surveyor

Who says romance is dead ;)

[quote="[Deleted User];10618855] Is that ok to say without getting shot down ? It’s simply my opinion.[/quote]

Lol...'shot down'. Don't act like an injured party when you said the QS had the personality of a wooden tile.

You preferred the previous one and found her more engaging. That's fine.

The QS doesn't need a good tv presence. Just to be a good QS. Even Dermot had said she is

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Calhoun wrote:
    Daniel seems like he's as tight as a ducks arse.

Especially when his worth is over 30million

Lol...'shot down'. Don't act like an injured party when you said the QS had the personality of a wooden tile.

You preferred the previous one and found her more engaging. That's fine.

The QS doesn't need a good tv presence. Just to be a good QS. Even Dermot had said she is

Chill 😏
    It’s still my opinion .

Great show tonight - looking forward to series !

Chill ðŸ˜
    It’s still my opinion .

Great show tonight - looking forward to series !

I'm perfectly chilled. It's just unfair. She's not employed by RTE, just involved so being a tv personality isn't her role. I preferred Patricia Power on TV but i think they're both as good at getting their jobs done.

If I was the homeowner, I'd happily have either. As a viewer, PP probably had more visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Timber effect tiles, what a great idea, didn't know they existed, best of both worlds.
    Bro in law has timber effect tiles in his house - couldn’t believe it when he said it, I actually had to touch to floor to check it. They are the business!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement