Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

722,000 on average tuned in last night making it the most viewed program so far this year!

Perhaps having a famous person as client for season opener each year is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I think i would have sold up and built a great house with the money. It will always be a faux Gothic revival style - popular with the Victorians,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,770 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

recipio wrote: »
    I think i would have sold up and built a great house with the money. It will always be a faux Gothic revival style - popular with the Victorians,

They had nice views tough and getting planning for new builds might be an issue!

They had nice views tough and getting planning for new builds might be an issue!

They never sit outside - 'there's always a breeze' according to Daniel. It looked a pretty bleak spot to me.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

recipio wrote: »
    They never sit outside - 'there's always a breeze' according to Daniel. It looked a pretty bleak spot to me.:D

He did say there was always a breeze and I couldn't then understand why they didn't built a sunroom/ conservatory looking over those views . It would be my priority ahead of multiple bathrooms

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    He did say there was always a breeze and I couldn't then understand why they didn't built a sunroom/ conservatory looking over those views . It would be my priority ahead of multiple bathrooms

I think the have big windows.
    Dermot doesn't do sunrooms/conservatories!

I think the have big windows.
    Dermot doesn't do sunrooms/conservatories!

He does glass boxes though !! Yes the windows were big but it cried out for a conservatory overlooking the sea

He does glass boxes though !! Yes the windows were big but it cried out for a conservatory overlooking the sea

Yes, the whole place cried out for a few plants somewhere. Just thinking, who would refuse Daniel planning permission in Donegal. ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That'd be ideal , I'd have it as a mini library , just sitting relaxing with a book , perfect :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That'd be ideal , I'd have it as a mini library , just sitting relaxing with a book , perfect :)

Oh yes , wouldn't it be lovely !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I really enjoyed the episode. They seem like good craic in fairness to them.

Found Dermot's advice about the wood being no problem, if not better with underfloor very strange. While there isn't a huge issue anymore with engineered wood and laminate it still wouldn't be as good as tiles for retaining and slowly releasing the heat. A lot of the decent priced wood effect tiles you actually have to go up close and touch in showrooms to know they are tiles. Seemed like bad advice just to get his way.

Thought the house looked great. Was the furniture rented for the final piece like other houses :-P

The next episode should be good because it sounds like they have money.
    Dermot Bannon gives a 170-year-old mansion in Fermoy some modern touches, including a luxurious extension complete with a swim spa, gym and sauna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Think it’s unfair of ppl criticizing them. So what if he’s worth 31m. More power to his elbow. All earned honestly. They came across as a great couple, great connection,down to earth, no bull, loved Magella s island house. Warmth about them. House was beautiful at the end.

Good luck to them.

I think overall he wears the trousers,

Know a person who went to school with him.

Said he had a dry sharp sense of humor from then and has not forgotten his friends.

Anyone watching tonight ?

M

From the show promos during the week there was a sea view, I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone watching ? Loadsamoney for Dermot to spend this week. How far over budget will he go this time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is she famous? I keep thinking I recognise her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fab house

M

If the house is built like any of the others of that era they won't be knocking the walls the usual way with a few lads hitting them with the sledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The next episode should be good because it sounds like they have money.
    Dermot Bannon gives a 170-year-old mansion in Fermoy some modern touches, including a luxurious extension complete with a swim spa, gym and sauna.

It's funny.. I've little interest in big money renovations.. that's grand designs territory. I prefer the three bed semi in suburban Ireland with a 100k budget. More relateable.

But horses for courses.

• Advertisement

It's some house !

If I'm honest , I'd love it as it is , but with a paint job to brighten it up , love the character in the old houses .

From the show promos during the week there was a sea view, I'm confused.

That was just a spa they went to I think. Fermoy has a river tough.

M

Having space around the house to build opens up so many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Its a lovely house already. The entrance is quite impressive and grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Holy Jaysus €450k :eek::eek:

Thargor wrote: »
    Is she famous? I keep thinking I recognise her.

We're not a million miles from there and to the best of my knowledge no. They didn't say anything about her in the local paper either.

M

A terrace is my dream if I ever hit it big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Building a hotel here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. Spending more than daniel last week. !

• Advertisement

I missed the beginning , where on earth are they getting this kind of money ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement