Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Hubby is weak to take the way she is so lecherous with Dermot.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Snug room leading to the balcony looks the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,334 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The wife is a female Harvey Weinstein.

Weird, unwanted flirting with poor Dermot. He looks really uncomfortable with it.

I just called her a creep to my missus.

If that was a fella, this wouldn't have been broadcast. Whats with her husband letting it slide too? Is he just a meal ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Nice house but I'm kind of over Dermot's designs. Would love to see a new architect next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Fair play to them, they have the money. Personally the finished house is vulgar, too like an office building . Personally wouldn't do that to the original building, and if I had the money looking out over fermoy would not be where I'd build.id be more the 40 acres in the country tbh.

Each to their own I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

some lovely individual features but overall its dull and boring . it is lacking something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

She's making the speech now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Fair play to them, they have the money. Personally the finished house is vulgar, too like an office building . Personally wouldn't do that to the original building, and if I had the money looking out over fermoy would not be where I'd build.id be more the 40 acres in the country tbh.

Each to their own I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,346 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Her flirting with Dermot is ott and just wrong and not funny !

Yes, if it was a man touching a female architects leg there would be uproar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ShamoBuc wrote: »

However, I think they should have simply joined the local spa instead of building one.
    I just wouldn't trust 2 small kids with that pool.

A good point, I hope there is a lock on the door to that pool and it's used all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

House looks great. I actually like the couple, she seems nice. I think there’s abit of begrudging going on here.

What on earth is wrong with that woman ?? Imagine if Dermot behaved like this towards a client ?

She comes across as one smug woman and the party sounded like “rent a crowd” being told when to laugh at the end .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Dcmb1984

They never mentioned the final budget spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

I wouldn't like it but they do and fair play to them. They are loving the dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

She called the husband her best friend in a very platonic way at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What kind of gym was that? FFS...what a waste. Some poxy punchbag and a sh*te multigym.

So much waste potential...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Pretty good and the couple seemed sound enough as well. Only thing that would not be to my taste is the black kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually can't take RTI or Bannon seriously anymore after that 'episode'.
    It was more like a reality show than an architecture programme!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Huge budget.
    Lovely job done on the house.
    Gorgeous stonework.
    She was trying to be too funny all the time and for some Very strange reason fancied herself something rotten- imagine me naked... you can't afford this ship....
    He was right about the windows.
    The kids toilets looked like somewhere druggies would hang out, but it was finished very well.
    Kitchen was too dark altogether for me.

However, I think they should have simply joined the local spa instead of building one.
    I just wouldn't trust 2 small kids with that pool.
    I wouldn’t say huge. Same budget as a standard 4 bed in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Lack of class everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Zhane wrote: »
    House looks great. I actually like the couple, she seems nice. I think there’s abit of begrudging going on here.

No begrudging, just difference of opinion/taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Feels so empty and soulless.

Fair play to the husband though. Sold a successful business for what seems like a lot of money and doesn't seem to have to worry about any financials for him and his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Yeah it was nice but with a 650 k budget (which we didn't hear about under or over) it was always gonna be pretty spectacular. But as others have said it feels very sterile or something. Plus 4k sq feet for 4 people is just obscene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Dcmb1984 wrote: »

Not a dickie bird from the QS !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What on earth is wrong with that woman ?? Imagine if Dermot behaved like this towards a client ?

She comes across as one smug woman and the party sounded like “rent a crowd” being told when to laugh at the end .
    Smug?
    Unless that now means someone e who enjoys life. Then you are using it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Dcmb1984 wrote: »

Looked like the budget was well blown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

She wanted " this " since she was a teenager . Indeed she " got it "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,768 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was disappointed with the dog door/bowls nothing new or special their!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This is the first Room to Improve I could not watch. Whenever I switched to Rte1 there was another vulgar moment and just not worth suffering through to see how the house will turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ted1 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say huge. Same budget as a standard 4 bed in Dublin

To buy an existing one or to build one?

Their budget for a build was massive!

Site costs weren't even counted like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement