Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Bannon's stuff always costs crazy money. I reckon a very similar look can be done for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Christ but she was fcukin' painful! I feel sorry for the husband, Easy to see who wears the trousers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Personally I'm not a fan of McMansions.......it's just more rooms to keep clean.

But they might have a cleaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I don't have any issue with the show, per se, but it wasn't exactly an episode the majority could relate to.

Neither was last week...even if it actually felt a bit more like you could.

But that's 2 from 2 with huge budgets to do up two houses that most people can't really compare to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Came in close to the budget of 650k....2.9 millon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Fair play to them, they have the money and didn’t want to move. Fermoy is her home town so why not splash out if they have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the old house and site must have been worth 350-400k at least . I doubt this house it worth 1.2 mill

Zhane wrote: »
    House looks great. I actually like the couple, she seems nice. I think there’s abit of begrudging going on here.

Not begrudgery , I’d prefer my warm homely 3 bed with little wood stove than that house tonight , definitely not begrudgery for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

meeeeh wrote: »
    This is the first Room to Improve I could not watch. Whenever I switched to Rte1 there was another vulgar moment and just not worth suffering through to see how the house will turn out.

Yup. Brutal and tasteless. Spend your millions on whatever floats your boat, but it takes some neck to flaunt it on TV when, just ten minutes earlier, the news was reporting on temporarily getting homeless people off the streets before a potential snowstorm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

amdublin wrote: »
    A good point, I hope there is a lock on the door to that pool and it's used all the time

How long before the house is opened as a luxury B&B with extras?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lawred2 wrote: »
    ted1 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say huge. Same budget as a standard 4 bed in Dublin

To buy an existing one or to build one?

Their budget for a build was massive!

Site costs weren't even counted like.
    To buy, site costs in fermoy are cheap, all in I’d say 850. Still 4 bed budget for Dublin

the old house and site must have been worth 350-400k at least . I doubt this house it worth 1.2 mill

To be fair, it doesn't really matter what you would get for it on the market. The house is what they want and where they want it and they could afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Serious fundementals being overlooked like what the energy system for the house was, final budget etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

To be fair, it doesn't really matter what you would get for it on the market. The house is what they want and where they want it and they could afford it.

Exactly, I wish them health and happiness in their new home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm annoyed that she didn't get her country kitchen. I go to bed angry every time I watch this show Dermot irritates me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I agree but my point is that if they sold and built new they would have a huge budget to do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,768 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christ but she was fcukin' painful! I feel sorry for the husband, Easy to see who wears the trousers there.

Then don't hire an architect like Dermot then if your ever need one!

Smug?
    Unless that now means someone e who enjoys life. Then you are using it wrong

No. I meant smug as in “excessive pride in oneself “ “self satisfied”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that she didn't get her country kitchen. I go to bed angry every time I watch this show Dermot irritates me.

Then again I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole or let him near my home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

id love a swim spa basically its swimming on the spot, thought the finished product was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Is the doggy door not a security risk? Sure we all know now that the dog has a microchip to open the door panel!!
    A person could easily get in through that!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

I feel sorry for a successful guy married to her

I agree but my point is that if they sold and built new they would have a huge budget to do so

Probably.

But they even addressed that in the show. They don't want to move, they have the spins, so why not.

If I had sold a business for loadsamoneyyyy, I'd build out the back for the coke and hookers. I could buy somewhere else for the same money but I wouldn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

She even included a massage parlour to have her ego massaged on demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Apart from the ‘kids bathroom’ that was not a child friendly house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

To buy, site costs in fermoy are cheap, all in I’d say 850. Still 4 bed budget for Dublin

This point would have validity if all they did was build your standard 4 bed.

What would the budget be to build that in Dublin?

Site costs alone would be somewhere approaching a million for something that size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I found the house to clinical and didn’t really looked like a family home. Fair play to them though and wish them health and happiness to enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Icsics wrote: »
    Apart from the ‘kids bathroom’ that was not a child friendly house.

So uncosy . And no playroom or tree house or just a comfy warm snuggly room

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

McGrath5 wrote: »
    She even included a massage parlour to have her ego massaged on demand.

Nope, that's for the business they are starting up, IMO. It was a con job.

Everything about the build says con job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement