Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Badger2009 wrote: »
    Very true but in this case she had the her architect, QS and engineer all telling her she had to lose the underfloor heating and she was quite validly pointing out that one of them should have picked up on this issue at design stage. It seemed to me they were putting it on her when really they should have spotted the issue before commencement.

Not always. Houses of that age in many cases have the drainage for the whole row of houses in the back garden, however sometimes you won't be able to determine the level or location of the drainage until you start digging up the garden, which isn't done during design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I would agree but she would have to accept that costs could change. I'm surprised that she is working in IT, I work in software development and experience has taught me if there is opportunity for something to go wrong it will and more will go wrong that you didn't envisage.

Something went wrong and she wanted a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Lots of fairly personal comments here.

I tend to agree with her. If underfloor heating is agreed to then she has a right to say - can you go back and try with it out.

The last thing you want to do is say ok straight away. It might not be workable but you at least want them to be trying to solve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sheesh

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

She has the look of the Kardashians.....& not in a good way. Sad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dermot is chuffed with himself now with his wall . " i won , i won "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Lots of fairly personal comments here.

I tend to agree with her. If underfloor heating is agreed to then she has a right to say - can you go back and try with it out.

True, on both counts there. The vitriol is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:

Ok lay off the personal comments please

/mod

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ralph Paton

She was lucky to get away with 8k to solve the structural issues, could have been a lot more serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I want a day bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

amdublin wrote: »
    I want a day bed!
    Not in the kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

How is shocked with the overrun when the QS has been warning her over the previous weeks?

She'll probably find the money somewhere and it'll look great in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I want a day bed!

I want a day bed with Dermot Bannon in it :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I want a day bed!

I'd be happy with a day in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

Penn wrote: »
    Not always. Houses of that age in many cases have the drainage for the whole row of houses in the back garden, however sometimes you won't be able to determine the level or location of the drainage until you start digging up the garden, which isn't done during design.

Yes in a lot of cases they will be served by a backyard sewer. When you are planning to build over that sewer the engineer should have confirmed the depth so as to at least confirm foundation depths etc.

Usually there will be a manhole in a neighbouring property that will give you an idea of depth. I think the engineer should have picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

But where is the money for it coming from?

Naughty Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

downwesht wrote: »
    She'll be on First Dates next!!!
    Copying Dermot. He was on something like that years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I think she should of put another roof light over the dining table area, i may be wrong but lets look at the light at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Dermot changing stuff on the sly. I wouldn't be happy if I was employing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Why did Dermot change the colour of the cupboard without telling her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I need this island for my prep work. Taking the plastic off the M+S meal for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

In fairness you can't go over someone's head when it comes to what colour that want their kitchen

Mad eyes Dermot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dermot really is picking the colours for her, she's not happy, but I reckon he's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why did Dermot change the colour of the cupboard without telling her?

I think he should leave colours to the clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

mfceiling wrote: »
    I need this island for my prep work. Taking the plastic off the M+S meal for one.

Uncalled for. You do know it’s ok for someone to actually want to be single right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

mfceiling wrote: »
    So it's a Scandi, New York loft feel in a 2 up 2 down in Clontarf?

Riiiggghhhttt.

Don't forget the Urban look, I mean pretty blue, I mean ......

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Badger2009 wrote: »
    Yes in a lot of cases they will be served by a backyard sewer. When you are planning to build over that sewer the engineer should have confirmed the depth so as to at least confirm foundation depths etc.

Usually there will be a manhole in a neighbouring property that will give you an idea of depth. I think the engineer should have picked it up.
    Dermot does not have an engineer at the start of the project, this my undertsanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Dermots argument about the press is good but he shouldn't have changed it without consultation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement