Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Did we get a final figure?

Last figure they mentioned was 180k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

cocoman wrote: »
    Any mention of the final cost?

Nope Lisa just said Christine paid for what she got.

It turned out nice, best wishes to Christine in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Did we get a final figure?
    Id take a guess at 200K

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

cocoman wrote: »
    Any mention of the final cost?

No, annoyingly. It had gone from the initial 130k to 180k earlier though.... prob ended up a few quid more in the end. Not much change from 200k I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Did the QS state the final cost ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭bilbot79

She reminds me of the dietician on Operation Transformation that's always crying but with dark hair. Totally gorgeous

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mfceiling wrote: »
    Jesus nobody at the party...builder never even turned up.

He wasnt chique enough.

Turned out quite nice.

I really hope her and her cats enjoy it.

She wanted a lot, but to be fair she got it for around 180k, not bad, she seemed pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the layout worked well by the end, not sure about the actual decor for most of it. The brick wall was the best feature of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Wasn't mad on it. Think it would have been much nicer without the polished concrete floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Loads of women. And just 2 men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

I hate the fashion for kitchen in the middle of the house.....I had to fight my architect on that & my kitchen & dining room stretch along the bright, warm south facing rear......the living area is to the front of the open plan area where it is a bit darker but then I only spend the evenings there so it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Probably still crying in the fetal position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

PauloMN wrote: »
    No, annoyingly. It had gone from the initial 130k to 180k earlier though.... prob ended up a few quid more in the end. Not much change from 200k I reckon.

Don’t think much went wrong after that.

Of course she’s going to paint those bricks red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

What's the story with Ciaran Devine in the credits? Does Dermot outsource the drawings?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

jos28 wrote: »
    Did the QS state the final cost ?

It's really is annoying when SO much if the show is dependant on the budget and then a final figure is not given,.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

So the entire show pivots on budget conflict yet they don't bother saying what the final amount was. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Is there any black hair dye left in Clontarf?

Was this this the episode that was held over from last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Garden wanst done right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

No contractor at the party. Wonder if there's a row going on over extras, etc?

• Advertisement

What's the story with Ciaran Devine in the credits? Does Dermot outsource the drawings?

Likely works for Dermot and does the full tender/construction drawings.

Penn wrote: »
    Likely works for Dermot and does the full tender/construction drawings.

No mention of him here http://www.dermotbannonarchitects.ie/practice/the-team/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I like the house but I am not mad about the brick wall. Those sort of fake period features are a bit meh. She has some great furniture pieces and some of the lights are great. I also loved the mustard carpet. It's a small house but it looks nice and bright and it gives the impression there is more space than it actually is.

That's interesting. Always just assumed he worked for Dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Aravo

Penn wrote:
    That's interesting. Always just assumed he worked for Dermot.

Ciaran Devine is credited with the arch drawings on coco TV. Dermot must only do the tracing paper stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This was the first episode in a long time that I couldn't imagine living in. It was to quirky for me but it was clearly what she wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I hate the fashion for kitchen in the middle of the house.....I had to fight my architect on that & my kitchen & dining room stretch along the bright, warm south facing rear......the living area is to the front of the open plan area where it is a bit darker but then I only spend the evenings there so it makes perfect sense.
    I prefer it, its what we are planning. It means that when the kids have friend over or we go the kitchen acts as a buffer between the two living rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I work in construction and this one is maddening me...a lot of things can NOT be done and must be sacrificed no matter how much you whinge and cry.

Except she stuck to her guns and got what she wanted. i have worked in construction too, often see men talking down to women saying they don't understand, using words like 'whinge and cry' rather than listening to what the client wants regardless of gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

sideswipe wrote: »
    Except she stuck to here guns and got what she wanted. i have worked in construction too, often see men talking down to women saying they don't understand, using words like 'whinge and cry' rather than listening to what the client wants regardless of gender.
    Id have to agree, you only have one chance to do it right, and she did well to stick to her guns. The drainage issue should be an obvious one had dermot taken on an engineer to do a quick check on it before work commenced, likewise the woodworm in the floor boards could of been picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Dermots comments to camera at the end appeared as if he wasn't overly enamoured with his client e.g. His use of the words "notions" and "aspirations" etc. etc....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement