Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

maxresdefault.jpg

a 3D wall mural would have been better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Back garden was huge!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

touts wrote: »
    I hope he takes pride in it because it's one of the last things he's going to build after this airs.

why . he was very profecional. he did what he said he would , when he said it was and looks to be a good standerd. he even finished 2 weeks early on the shedual

he could work on his contracts and get better change order procedures but that all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

cbb1982 wrote: »
    She needs to sort her hair out asap it's shocking. It wasn't one of Dermots better episodes!

No worries darling, I don't like your haircut either.

Now that's more like it.....

maxresdefault.jpg

a 3D wall mural would have been better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Back garden was huge!!!

I thought it was tiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭jos28

The dining table lights were great.

Love them too, I reckon they could be done cheaply. I spotted the bulbs and the cable here when I was buying kitchen chairs. Very tempted to give it a go

https://www.salternativefurniture.ie/collections/lighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Why didn't they salvage the original bricks on the demolished part of the house?

That's exactly what my husband said. He was like why are they demolishing that walk like that!

Sarcasm...doh
    I thought it was tiny

fair play to the builder for throwing in the pointng. thats a nice gesture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mirrors placed properly on the walls coild have made the courtyard look so much bigger " Your wan " on the wall made it look tiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

deco nate wrote: »
    I'm sure he would have had to sign that before work started.

It depends on the production anyway after the money issue came up there was no footage of the builder except at the opening night.

That is not the normal format of the production, normally they go into the finish and the final push to complete. The builder must have told them to stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Jesus 800k for a semi d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭CH3OH

in anybody's money... €180,000 seems like a lorra lorra money for what they got

Yeah, for real, 180 grand "only" buys you an extension like that? Seems... steep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

That kitchen was dreadful. Looked like a cheap 1980s kitchen that the council would put into one of their houses. Also only about 3 presses. Where would everything go. This is one of few houses I really disliked. Everything about it was just wrong. Mural was hideous. Yes fair enough if you want some artwork but how the he'll did that one have any meaning? Part if problem was probably that they had already spent money in rooms so these couldn't be changed. In saying that this is my favourite ever series of Room to Improve as all the extensions have been different rather than glass boxes in other series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

They were a very bland boring couple and Im sorry but what was with the shaving of hair. She was a bit old for that look.
    It was colossal money for that house, over 800,000 between purchae price and extension.
    Icouldnt see thirty grands worth that they had done before starting the job, did they say what they had done.

CH3OH wrote: »

most of it goes in doing up the old houses.

They were a very bland boring couple and Im sorry but what was with the shaving of hair. She was a bit old for that look.

What's everyone having with her hair, isn't that her own thing like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The dining table lights were great.

Till the baby turns 3 and starts using them for target practice

• Advertisement

most of it goes in doing up the old houses.

The extension was prices at 115 grand I think, it had a sqm price of over 1900 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Short Room to Improve 'extras' in the i player. None for this episode or the aspirational episode.

appledrop wrote: »
    That kitchen was dreadful. Looked like a cheap 1980s kitchen that the council would put into one of their houses. Also only about 3 presses. Where would everything go. This is one of few houses I really disliked. Everything about it was just wrong. Mural was hideous. Yes fair enough if you want some artwork but how the he'll did that one have any meaning? Part if problem was probably that they had already spent money in rooms so these couldn't be changed. In saying that this is my favourite ever series of Room to Improve as all the extensions have been different rather than glass boxes in other series.

that is one of the big issues here. they had done up some of the rooms. that sitting room is really dark and should have been stripped back .
    it put a lot of design constraints there that made it hard to get a really great layout

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Good episode in that the couple were able to put their stamp on the interior finish. Wasn't all about Dermot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone know how the baby's name is spelled?
    I’d guess Luan-Luan Parle is a singer. I love the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Anyone know how the baby's name is spelled?

D-E-R-M-O-T
    Post of the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

29366416_1821306918163632_6737364907739578368_o.jpg?oh=dc9d65f0d0e68032708bd8e556c84302&oe=5B4C3778

Really like the lights over the table.

29342978_1821306941496963_106949122371616768_o.jpg?oh=a12b643431b397c12c2d5c52df6abcb7&oe=5B4A3190

CREDIT FOR PICS
    www.facebook.com/rusticsoulfurniture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The couple should have known about the asbestos roof when they had the survey done before buying the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

CH3OH wrote: »

But quite apart from the extension, there was probably rewiring of the existing house, insulation, new windows, new boiler etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

One of my core values is courage....er ok then zzz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement