Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

"Well guess what, I like that." Please tell me this is not scripted to make TV.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Old black tile through out. This is like a old farm house, should have left it the was it was as they clearly want it back, just with new material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Floor tiles in the sitting room ? :confused::(

have our entire downstairs tiled ... it grand actually ... tiles dont scratch ;), tiles dont have little burn markes from fireplace/stove sparks ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

she's the most annoying, childish "grown up" I've ever came across.

out of interest... do they pay Dermot or would they get his services free for appearing on the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

She's very condescending. It's a pretty poor attitude to have to be talking down to people like she does.

It looks like shes got her way her entire life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

An ignorant person with no manners that’s what she is..... there is a right and wrong way to talk to people....not mad about Dermot but you can’t talk to anyone like a child from her class...I would hate for anyone of kids being taught by her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

She'd want to take a long hard look at herself.

What an absolute pain, I wouldn't blame him if he walked away from the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

RobertKK wrote: »
    Tiles are cold.

Wouldn't they be too hard for kids?. .Timber is far softer. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Considering the next program on after this, she'd fit right in on The Hardy Bucks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

She's an absolute pain. If I was Dermot I'd just let her have her way - she'll have years to regret it afterwards and he wont have to listen to her. What was the point in employing him if she's not willing to listen to any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I don't often say it but my god she is a rude bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nagging.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Makes for good drama.

But I often wonder if they actually care what their community/neighbours/schoolkids might think about them. Obviously not. Necks like a jockey's blx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Ah lads, same as everything in this house she is stuck in the past. She is a real aul bossy boots "Is mise an múinteoir" but please don't tar all teachers with the same brush.
    We're not all raving aul biddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

harr wrote: »
    An ignorant person with no manners that’s what she is..... there is a right and wrong way to talk to people....not mad about Dermot but you can’t talk to anyone like a child from her class...I would hate for anyone of kids being taught by her..

That's the way so many teachers are. Not nice people.

If I was Dermot I’d have walked off that job. Tell her to find someone else to fix her house . It’s not an architect she needs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What a bleedin nightmare, a right horror. It was yer mans house, he’s not getting a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Not used to hearing accents from outside the M50? His accent is mild compared to some.

I'm not from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Wesser wrote: »
    5 bedrooms. Why do they need 5 bedrooms. Is this a country thing. Like your house is no good unless you have 5 bedrooms. It's a quantity thing as opposed to quality

Teachers needs loads of bedrooms for all the kids to max out maternity leave.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I must be alone, in liking her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not used to hearing accents from outside the M50? His accent is mild compared to some.

Its not his accent as already said its his mumbling into his chest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Wesser wrote: »
    5 bedrooms. Why do they need 5 bedrooms. Is this a country thing. Like your house is no good unless you have 5 bedrooms. It's a quantity thing as opposed to quality

Because it sounds bigger than a 3 Bed, therefore more social standing on her eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

barrier86 wrote: »
    she's the most annoying, childish "grown up" I've ever came across.

out of interest... do they pay Dermot or would they get his services free for appearing on the show?

Ive read before that his design work is funded by the show. The QS, contractor, planning costs etc are paid by the punters.

I can only surmise that the production team decided that this project would be boring but that she would make controversial telly.

All its doing is bringing a world of hate down on her, rightly or wrongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

I’d give her a poke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I’d say her parent teacher meetings are fun!!

“You’re not doing a great job of raring Johnny, lets talk about what’s good about him first, the list is shorter”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

why have they gone down the road of going to dermot?

they didnt contact him to say ... ' hey, can you put us on the tele?'
    They would have gone to him and asked them to design their house
    Hey would then have decided it would be a good project for the tele

but they (well she) knew the kind of work he does ... to get dermot in and not expect open spaces or 'square box' extentions or big glass area's .... ya dont bring a sheep to a dairy farmer and ask him to milk it .... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,089 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Do ya know what would make great TV...

Dermot as the client in his own house renovation

Probably discussed earlier in the thread, but his Drumcondra gaff is for sale currently, and it doesn't look much like the work he does on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

harr wrote: »

Dermot had said last week on radio, that yer wan who wanted the underfloor heating got a bad going over on twitter,
    This one will have to go in hiding, oh wait she can hide in the closed of rooms :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

So childish. 'I have to be right all the time'. To hell with just accepting when things work better than you thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement