Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Liamario wrote: »
    The cube looks ugly and I'm not seeing where that budget went to be honest.

Me neither . Nice house but who will pay 1.1 million for it ? I am not seeing anything to wow me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Did I miss it or do we have no idea with this couple do work wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,745 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What was against all the rules of architecture and planning, seems now to be the way to go. Timber sided and other various boxes, stuck onto houses. If you are allowed do that, it makes designing the inside much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭lownhard

Window colour is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Did I miss it or do we have no idea with this couple do work wise?

We are all waiting for helimachoptor to spill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CH3OH wrote: »
    It ended up a really nice job. BUT the money spent is beyond the wildest dreams of most of us.

Yeah, the cost greatly overshadowed the whole job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,748 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Me neither . Nice house but who will pay 1.1 million for it ? I am not seeing anything to wow me

To be honest I know a good few people who spent a lot on their house. They selected the finishes/styles they wanted. They knew they'd never get the money back selling it but they see it as their forever home and they like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’d prefer if the cube toilet blended into the house and not stuck on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Are they one of the nicest couples on RTI?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

jobless wrote: »
    Beautiful job apart from the black eye sore out the back
    I don't agree, they destroyed the look to the front of the house, I cant understand why planners cannot be stricter on the front look of a house. Too many extensions finishing flush with the front wall destroy and take away from the original shape of the house, what were they thinking, I am not going to comment on the 1st floor bathroom...

• Advertisement

To be honest I know a good few people who spent a lot on their house. They selected the finishes/styles they wanted. They knew they'd never get the money back selling it but they see it as their forever home and they like it.

Yes fair enough but genuinely can't see where the budget went here . A lot of money for not a major life changing gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There was far less drama this week, thankfully and because of it, there was more shots of the completed interior instead of the usual kitchen/dining room we get after argument after argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

He doesn't work in TV anyway, senior enough job in an mnc

I'm assuming mnc is multi national corporation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

We come up to visit FIL every few weeks and have had a great time gawking at the progress. I think they've done a fantastic job on the place. Not overly taken with the look of the alien en-suite myself from the outside but seeing the sky from the inside on the show changed my mind on that too. Sure, it's mad money but it's a great house in a good location. I thought the family came across as lovely too. Fair play to them - wish them many happy years there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Loved house. I found the front door and the windows were very similar. Just wasn’t mad about the lines of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Autosport wrote: »
    I’d prefer if the cube toilet blended into the house and not stuck on

And it looked like you had to step up in to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Jeez they were lovely people- some contrast to last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What an absolute waste of 300,000

Yes fair enough but genuinely can't see where the budget went here . A lot of money for not a major life changing gain

Have you ever budgeted for a Dermot Bannon style extension?
    Things cost a lot of money.
    I do think the house is what what wanted and it will change their life in the way they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know the name/location of the shop where they bought their lights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the first design came to 201k plus 17k for doing the garage. then they built on top of the garage area. did they knock the garage and rebuild .
    they then said they took off all the roof tiles and redid one side of the timbers to roof over the side extention. then they fitted out the attic.
    that extra brought it from 218k to 280k.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I'm assuming mnc is multi national corporation?

Yep.

Won't be watching it til tomorrow myself but at some point will be applying to RTI assuming it's still going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I actually really liked their original kitchen too. Shame they ripped it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Muahahaha wrote: »

I'd love to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Lovely couple. I thought it was a pity that Dermot took over the interior design... the owner is studying interior design. Not much from her idea board was used in the project.

Have you ever budgeted for a Dermot Bannon style extension?
    Things cost a lot of money.
    I do think the house is what what wanted and it will change their life in the way they want.

No !! I couldn't afford it ! Nor would I put that kind of money into that house . Its just my opinion on a TV show and the house shown ! I am sure the couple also have an opinion and love their house .
    If I had that kind of money I would have a very different idea on how to spend it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I actually really liked their original kitchen too. Shame they ripped it out.

I thought it was awful, country kitchen look wasn't appropriate for a modern house.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Couple seemed like very decent people.

Wasn't massively impressed by it considering the amount of money they spent on it. And the living room didn't seem very kid friendly. The 'Pod' was horrendous from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Muahahaha wrote: »

Think it was Hicken Lighting, location no idea.

• Advertisement

No !! I couldn't afford it ! Nor would I put that kind of money into that house . Its just my opinion on a TV show and the house shown ! I am sure the couple also have an opinion and love their house .
    If I had that kind of money I would have a very different idea on how to spend it

My brother did a Dermot Bannon style extension a few years ago and money went very fast. Window/doors/floors/insulation/rewiring/internal doors and that wasn't including the extension. His budget nearly doubled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement