Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Yes that is exactly what I mean.:rolleyes:

She was interviewed today on Dermot and Dave and Dermot Bannon was on Ray Darcy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Might be of interest to fans of Room To Improve, a new show on RTE1 in the Sunday night RTI slot, 6 homeowners take on derelict properties to modernise them...

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/move-over-room-to-improve-rtes-new-renovation-series-to-fill-sunday-night-slot-36862910.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Might be of interest to fans of Room To Improve, a new show on RTE1 in the Sunday night RTI slot, 6 homeowners take on derelict properties to modernise them...

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/move-over-room-to-improve-rtes-new-renovation-series-to-fill-sunday-night-slot-36862910.html

Heard it mentioned this morning, looking forward to it. Hopefully a bit more substance to it compared to RTI.

Where the hell are the hard hats in that promo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just flicking through the channels at the moment and the Fermoy house episode is being shown on Rte 1 along with a woman providing a sign language translation.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Remember Michael, the fabulously funny little guy who was fostered by Ann and Barry, and they redesigned their house to suit his wheel chair. Sadly Michael has passed away. May he R.I.P. and sincere condolences to Ann and Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

How sad.
    He was a smashing boy and they were a lovely couple and an example to so many.

Thanks for letting us know Lisha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Very sorry to hear that,a lovely little boy and a lovely couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Lisha wrote: »
    Remember Michael, the fabulously funny little guy who was fostered by Ann and Barry, and they redesigned their house to suit his wheel chair. Sadly Michael has passed away. May he R.I.P. and sincere condolences to Ann and Barry.

RIP Michael

My condolences to Ann & Barry, Michael was a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

Lisha wrote: »

I actually smiled reading the first sentence of your post. I remember that little boy well. He had me in tears! Very sad news indeed. RIP Micheal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

RIP Micheal . Condolences to Ann and Barry and the staff of Temple street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

How sad.
    He was a smashing boy and they were a lovely couple and an example to so many.

Thanks for letting us know Lisha.

I spotted the news on FB, they seemed like such a loving, fun, family unit. I remember thinking at the time that they were an example to us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/room-to-improve-star-michael-stokes-passes-away-after-tragic-accident-36882912.html

It is a reminder that some of the architect's work is not just pandering to fads but was important in making the house habitable for Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

His nautical room was so cool! R.I.P Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I cannot believe what happened to Michael. He was such a lovely little fella. R.I.P. & condolences to his family. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Ah he was a topper with all his enthusiasm and joie de vivre. That's so sad. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

That is so sad, RIP to Michael and condolences to his family. They must be devastated. It was easily my favourite ep of any series of Room to Improve, such love and joy and care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I was very sad to hear this news earlier today. Must be heart breaking for his brave foster parents Ann and Barry. He was such a character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thats my most memorable episode. Michael was such a beacon of positivity and seemed like some craic. As for Barry and Anne, such selfless people, they have hearts of gold and you could really see their love shine through for Michael. No doubt they made his life magical.

Together the three of them were inspirational and I certainly could take lessons from each.

RIP Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Very sad news, he seemed like a very happy little guy and the foster parents were lovely people as well.

I think everyone in the country remembers that episode from reading all the comments that are on FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kuva wrote: »
    What happened?

It said he had a bad fall a few weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

So sad. What a fantastic young fellow. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Very sad about that lad.

Sympathies to his parents. They were very dedicated to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Saw the the O'Donnell episode last night as part of RTE'S Summer of Repeats. Very, very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Will be interesting to see if he puts a glass box on his own gaff (or should that be gaffe!) - or even an alien toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Will it come in under budget?!

I'm actually looking forward to his episode mainly to see the wife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

His old house in Drumcondra sold there recently. Guess what? He had handles on his kitchen units! How many episode did he give out to people for this saying ruin the look etc.

• Advertisement

appledrop wrote: »
    His old house in Drumcondra sold there recently. Guess what? He had handles on his kitchen units! How many episode did he give out to people for this saying ruin the look etc.

Not sure the impression I got off him before was he didn't do much to the house that he recently sold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement