Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Looks like somewhere where a cult would be involved in a siege

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wowzers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

A lick of paint wouldn’t go astray???

Some weekend retreat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Building 3 is straight out of the hunger games

• Advertisement

Holy God, that last one will be hard to top.

I'd love to hear the price (and what on earth they do for a living!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pretty bland episode tbh, most of these are all empty garages not homes, the locations are amazing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Dermot wishes he could work with clients like these instead of Mary and John from ballyfermot who want an island in the kitchen of their semi-D.

That ocean view........

Is there any furniture in this one???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

This house is like a bad dream

Ah here...... this one is just taking the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Does anyone else feel very 'emperor's new clothes ' about all these. They are vanity projects that 'must' be cool because they are so weirdly extravagant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

God some people have more money than sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,949 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This "house" is very weird , it doesn't seem to be a house at all , just a bunch of glass and walls with odd bits of furniture thrown in as an afterthought .

Does anyone else feel very 'emperor's new clothes ' about all these. They are vanity projects that 'must' be cool because they are so weirdly extravagant.

All except the "farmhouse". I could most definitely live there!

This one is just completely barking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jesus that final house with the roll out kitchen units, like wtf!

The first one reminds me of nothing more than a football stadium.

Impossible to guess what size it is, no sense of scale from the outside (except that it's presumably enormous).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

You have to assemble the kitchen.

Every

Single

Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Spill your orange juice in that last house and electrocute half the guests.:rolleyes: Crazy, you get the feeling they do all their day to day living elsewhere.

• Advertisement

The final house was a bit bizarre alright, more like an art gallery with no art than a house. The bed with space for 10 placed inside a long concrete shell was weird, I couldn't imagine sleeping well there.

Next weeks episode in Sweden should be good, Scandi archtecture tends to be very stylish and practical at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The final house was a bit bizarre alright, more like an art gallery with no art than a house. The bed with space for 10 placed inside a long concrete shell was weird, I couldn't imagine sleeping well there.

Next weeks episode in Sweden should be good, Scandi archtecture tends to be very stylish and practical at the same time.

Can't wait for Sweden!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yeah I think i'll love the swedish way more than the aussie. Practical living galore I'd say. Hack central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Can you imagine using the toilet in the John Henry house with all the family or friends waving at you while they were eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Swedish houses will be probably less ostentatious.

I loved the farm house for use of colour and materials. Even the dogs were colour coordinated. I 'm usually the one who likes white walls and OH who loves wood and colour thought the kitchen was complete 70es overload.

The last house was just bonkers. I think they must make sure not to invite anyone with kids. Two five year olds would have the house broken inside 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

'Arse' is the word that sprang to my mind

Can you imagine using the toilet in the John Henry house with all the family or friends waving at you while they were eating.

That would be a hoot alright. It reminds me of that toilet artwork that used to be on the footpath outside the Tate muesum in London. It was a cube with one way glass so you could be sitting doing a crap and be able to see everything outside on the street. People on the street couldn't see in but they would use the mirrors to fix their hair, do lipstick, etc all while someone was taking a dump the other side of the walls.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4326340/ns/world_news-weird_news/t/new-way-view-london-toilet/#.XGno_Oj7Rdg

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

I thought all of the houses last night were horrible except the farm house.
    John Henry house was cluttered and was very busy. Last house didn't look like a house at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

CiaranW wrote: »
    I thought all of the houses last night were horrible except the farm house.
    John Henry house was cluttered and was very busy. Last house didn't look like a house at all!

The last house had the most beautiful location and the house was cold and sterile and awful .What a waste of a location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

They were all jaw dropping. Dermot should quit the arachnophobia routine - its an old joke now. The last quy in the surreal house had a 'Butler' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement