Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Are ye on about the black front door?

Are you sure it’s a door and not a long window that has handle not unlike a door handle?

I’ll have to watch it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Liked the episode. Although when trying to reign in costs, but don't mention relocation of the garage, or try to force purchase of wooden floor in place of laminate it is a bit annoying.

Personally I loved the bedroom but was not keen on the downstairs. She asked initially for a 'good room' but there was only a wee bit too the side of the kitchen. Obviously they decided they liked it enough, but my tastes would prefer a small snug or TV room for the winter nights or movie watching. It is a bit impractical in that they can have visitors over but if the other wants to watch TV or whatever.

I noticed that the mortar did not fade down as much as anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€580k and then going to pump likely €150k plus in to it, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

What did they pay for the house? Couldn't hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

€580k and then going to pump likely €150k plus in to it, wow.
    Had to rewind to make sure I heard it right ...will be lucky to get it done for 150k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

harr wrote: »
    Had to rewind to make sure I heard it right ...will be lucky to get it done for 150k

I reckon they will be spending another 250 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I always wonder how people pay for it? I mean 580k is more than most would ever be able to spend on a house and then another 280k for renovating? Fair play, they are doing well for themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

280k budget, should have told him 250k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Thats crazy money. Mad stuff altogether

Why would anyone spend 580k on that kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone know where this house is?

Blingy wrote: »

Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like the pebble dash

Blingy wrote: »
    Rathfarnham ...

Jaysus your man looks as if he's going to keel over with the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought I heard €880k

Why would anyone spend 580k on that kip.

Well I guess detached with a nice size plot comes at a huge premium. I respect that they took "buy the worst house on the best road" quite literally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Your mans eyes look a bit freakish, kinda like a childs eyes on Christmas morning but All the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It actually looks like good value for the money compared to what was done last week.

LirW wrote: »
    Well I guess detached with a nice size plot comes at a huge premium. I respect that they took "buy the worst house on the best road" quite literally.

I dont get it. 580k gets you a serious house 20 minutes out the road. Nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

800,000 euros...... surely will either build a fab new house or buy a mansion for that. Crazy

Are we never going to see or hear Pauric the builder again....

Lisha wrote: »
    800,000 euros...... surely will either build a fab new house or buy a mansion for that. Crazy

800k for an A rating detached 3bed with a pretty generous plot for Dublin in one of the most sought after areas of the city isn't too surprising methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lisha wrote: »

Ha! Not in Dublin 14 and that’s very much just a middle of the road area. I’m very familiar with the area , I really like it. But eight hundred k there will get you something fairly nice , but nothing more

I dont get it. 580k gets you a serious house 20 minutes out the road. Nuts.
    More money then sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dont think Ive seen anyone get so excited by a demolition

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This lad is a spoofer

LirW wrote: »
    800k for an A rating detached 3bed with a pretty generous plot for Dublin in one of the most sought after areas of the city isn't too surprising methinks.

Its shocking. Silly season in terms of building prices is well and truly on full flow.

Unsustainable me thinks.

Your man is away with the fairies :)

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Ha! Not in Dublin 14 and that’s very much just a middle of the road area. I’m very familiar with the area , I really like it. But eight hundred k there will get you something fairly nice , but nothing more

I’ve never been to happy to be a culchie.... scary stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement