Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Plywood for Gods sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I dont think google will be letting him manage budgets any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

If your not feeling it, then it’s not worth going for it. To me she would need to go wow when she walked in and saw the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

They started with a budget of 280k!

How can people magic up an extra 100k+ ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

seablue wrote: »
    They started with a budget of 280k!

How can people magic up an extra 100k+ ??

You may Google that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

What could Dermo do with a budget of 60k? A plywood jacks maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RTE losing the run of themselves, no wonder they are broke, advertising doing up a house with a most flexible budget, and last night it was the wedding planners on the Ray Darcy show from the RTE show Home or away and they said their clients spend up to €2,500 per guest.
    RTE not exactly living in the real world...

The builders are the big winners here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant believe how much the budget has got out of control, they would have been cheaper buying one of the houses across the road which looked nicer than what they've got. Yer man is coming across as a bit of a gobsh1te too, its hard to believe Google are paying him a six figure salary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Had a quick look on daft ...some serious houses around commuter belt for 1 million and most have good transport links. Yes I know they want Dublin but why not live in luxury in the country side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Plywood for Gods sake

It's the formula! Dermot has to have at least one really 'out there' idea per episode to make what might be an otherwise run of the mill renovation more interesting to us the viewer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

“Wow” and “incredible” it isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Plywood is one of these "trends" that came from a poor background and was taken by a few sleazy interior designers and turned into something cool and contemporary. Mind you this is only cool when the house around it is so expensive that it qualifies for the top 5% of expensive houses in the country.
    In a council house though? Jesus how tacky, gotta save for a fine cash&carry kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Stop saying, "Cool"!!

Oh wow, wow, wow

Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not too made about the colours of the doors and windows, kind of maintains a constant dull colour on the house.

harr wrote: »
    Had a quick look on daft ...some serious houses around commuter belt for 1 million and most have good transport links. Yes I know they want Dublin but why not live in luxury in the country side.

I think they just wanted to get on the tele.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Think they should’ve gone fir darker window colour on

Not too made about the colours of the doors and windows, kind of maintains a constant dull colour on the house.

Yes it’s too same-y for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

RobertKK wrote: »
    RTE losing the run of themselves, no wonder they are broke, advertising doing up a house with a most flexible budget, and last night it was the wedding planners on the Ray Darcy show from the RTE show Home or away and they said their clients spend up to €2,500 per guest.
    RTE not exactly living in the real world...

The Boom is back Baby. The Boom is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If I had a million for a house i would buy one in Dalkey overlooking the bay .

Cooooool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

No offence to people living in Dublin but when this programme has builds in Dublin it makes me thankful I'm living down the country. I guess salaries are bigger but the prices are shocking. A million for this when they are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah be the holy, what the actual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dermot is a spoofer...

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If I had a million for a house i would buy one in Dalkey overlooking the bay .

Ah know i hate all that yuppy dublin BS. Something a bit further out on one of the good road networks.

A fcuking picture wall.... go bigger, ah here these guys are either a plant or taking the piss or they are a bit bonkers and the producers are totally taking advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think they just wanted to get on the tele.

yep definitely getting the impression they are Dermot Bannon fans and just wanted to be be on the tv with him

• Advertisement

I wish she’d stop bloody giggling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement