Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don't see the problem, the budget is there, go for it.

Ya, people need to get over it.
    Lots of successful participants have money to spend.
    Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Yes his very first introduction to the programme is to get the **** out if there as soon s possible. Hes paid the same either so hes not doing it to save the client time ....hes wanting to get on to ths next job. So you woukdnt have much faith in him finding an issue and fixing it rather than covering it up.

i have no problem with him trying to get finished early. time is money . finish early and its profit to him. nothing wrong with that . its saying it to all the public and the way he is saying it that comes across badly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I missed the beginning , did they win the Lotto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

Love the look at the lad sitting to one side as they played pool. It was classic I booked that table and these feckers with a TV camera turned up.

Lisha wrote: »
    The only mystery I want solved is where the fcuk did the money come from... fair bloody play to them

He could be on €250k a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

How do you actually get a bath like that in? Doesn't that weigh a literal ton?

iamwhoiam wrote: »

He is the vice president of a pharamacutical company. In Dublin. So yeah. They basically won the lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

God, they are fairly rubbish on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Helppls18

They are a lovely couple, look so happy together!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

iamwhoiam wrote: »

They built the house on land her parents gave them for circa £100k in 1990, they are mortgage free, he works for some big pharma company so wants to spend a few bob going it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

touts wrote: »
    He is the vice president of a pharamacutical company. In Dublin. So yeah. They basically won the lottery.

Good for him.

LirW wrote: »
    How do you actually get a bath like that in? Doesn't that weigh a literal ton?

Crane I suspect.

The look on the builders face is going to be fantastic.

They built the house on land her parents gave them for circa £100k in 1990, they are mortgage free, he works for some big pharma company so wants to spend a few bob going it up.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The only mystery I want solved is where the fcuk did the money come from... fair bloody play to them

They don’t have a mortgage, It’s the same as a cheap 3 bedroom in Dublin. Nothing out of the ordinary

Good for him.

Indeed. Don't get me wrong. I like them and I'd say he is paid a fortune so fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I like the bath but looks like you would need a reinforced upstairs floor to take it, must weigh a load.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Yer man sounds like Hank Scorpio with an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

F##king plywood again. Ha ha she was brilliant telling him stairs looked like baby gate!!!!!

Loving this couple they are so down to earth. You can imagine their house being the one all their kids friends want to go to.

To each his own but I much preferred watching ordinary people build ordinary houses . Like Ma is Donabate and such builds

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

God that house is like a warehouse. So cold.

• Advertisement

I like the bath but looks like you would need a reinforced upstairs floor to take it, must weigh a load.

The QS did mention the additional costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Depends, Vice President is the same as Assistant Manager in a many of the American MNCs operating in Dublin. Citibank and Statestreet being two examples. They tend to go very overboard on job titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That yellow is horrendous

Essien wrote: »
    Yer man sounds like Hank Scorpio with an Irish accent.

That's it. You nailed it. Hank Scorpio is one of my all time favourite Simpsons characters. The nice guy villan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dont fancy the big crack in the concrete floor, sod that!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

They’re very much in love , a very happy marriage, nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That yellow is horrendous
    Jesus, the gold is ten times worse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Indeed. Don't get me wrong. I like them and I'd say he is paid a fortune so fair play.

It’s a fantastic sign of them as a couple that he has such a high pressure job and they are still so easy and happy with each other. Guys at that level are under shocking pressure, working stupid hours and travel away, and often their home life can crumble so I like him even more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think this is going to be a fabulous looking house and it's in a lovely location that's not too far from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I mean I'm not surprised where the money comes from. He mentioned they paid the house out of pocket in the beginning and never had a mortgage but also built what they could afford at the time, hell, they didn't even fit out parts of the house up until a few years ago.
    Now they're in a better place and went for a mortgage, according to his own words in the start. So effectively they get a designer house and pay whatever the remodel costs back.
    This isn't a bad deal to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement