Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Addle wrote: »
    Wasn’t much shown of the builder/build in the end.

very little of the build shown at all
    It’s more about Dermo now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

195k of extras , Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

very little of the build shown at all
    It just seemed to jump forward for a massive portion of the build...odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

I think the bath in the bedroom is a BAD idea. We had something like that in the hotel on our honeymoon and after about 4 days the novelty had worn off. They will rip it out within 2 years.

But other than that it was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is there no kids? Such a weird house, no sense of family in it whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    195k of extras , Jesus

crazy. 375 plus 195 in extras

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

A tight budget next week-hope that keeps the ‘ordinary people’/begrudgers happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

So 570k including all of the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

LirW wrote: »
    Honestly I think it is absolutely lovely!
    Did they reveal the budget already? I had to protect the husband from a big spider so I didn't see that last 5 minutes.

375k build and 195k extras

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Absolutely miles ahead of the house from last week considering the similarities in budget.

Those timber frames are horrible though.

• Advertisement

They seem like a really sound couple, clearly mad about each other as well, they have the money sure you might as well spend it to make your dream house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

touts wrote: »
    I think the bath in the bedroom is a BAD idea. We had something like that in the hotel on our honeymoon and after about 4 days the novelty had worn off. They will rip it out within 2 years.

Loads of space, they can just extend the en suite around it if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    195k of extras , Jesus

She kind of breezed over that....

So the total was near 575k?

Its lovely and they have the money so good luck but jeysuz.....

how did the builder fair out on the timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lovely house, lovely couple ,
    But they didn’t move the bike shed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lovely house and lovely couple but 550+k spend is just nuts.

how did the builder fair out on the timeframe
    Badly... I think they said 6 months?

195k of extras jeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The building cost alone are pretty damn good for what they got. Extras are extras, it makes sense for them to invest the rest into something of too quality because they won't be going anywhere.
    You wouldn't find a house like this on daft for that money in that proximity to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭prunudo

Probably my favourite Dermot plan in a long time, really worked. Okay he had the budget to play with but the design worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Lovely gaff, I’d kill for a pool table. She’s was particularly nice. Knows how lucky she is and very humble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

In Grand Designs what is the function of the red disk carried by some of the actors or left on tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I love the wooden pillars, they are finished very well. House is nice, I like the look of kitchen but for me it's not a kitchen for someone who likes to cook. It's is a house where any bit of clutter will look out of place. I admire the house but I'm not sure I'd want to live in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The original budget was 400k and Nigel said that they had 50k to furnish. That's some difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

touts wrote: »

I think they'll both be hopping in it in 20 years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is there no kids? Such a weird house, no sense of family in it whatsoever.
    5 of them!

What a happy programme - not a cross word in the whole thing, and the build (well, Dermot's bit of it) came in massively under the initial budget. They clearly blew plenty on the bath, sculptures, and gawd knows what else - but fair play to them, they knew what they wanted and went for it.

The whole thing looked amazing, and I'm sure once it's actually being lived in (as opposed to being shown for de telly in pristine sterile condition) it'll be fab.

I could do without ever seeing the gold sink/tap again though :eek:

PARlance wrote: »
    I think they'll both be hopping in it in 20 years time!
    I like the bath actually and it was kind of tucked away in room, glad they didn't go with huge stone one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

nuac wrote: »
    In Grand Designs what is the function of the red disk carried by some of the actors or left on tables?

Favourite spot of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ted1 wrote: »
    Lovely house, lovely couple ,
    But they didn’t move the bike shed
    They disguised it brilliantly though! If Dermot hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have even noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

PARlance wrote: »
    Lovely house and lovely couple but 550+k spend is just nuts.

It’s not really. They dint have an mortgage and haven’t for the past 20 years.

An affordable house is 310k. It’s quite reasonable for a two income family especially a senior management role

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    5 of them!

What a happy programme - not a cross word in the whole thing, and the build (well, Dermot's bit of it) came in massively under the initial budget. They clearly blew plenty on the bath, sculptures, and gawd knows what else - but fair play to them, they knew what they wanted and went for it.

The whole thing looked amazing, and I'm sure once it's actually being lived in (as opposed to being shown for de telly in pristine sterile condition) it'll be fab.

I could do without ever seeing the gold sink/tap again though :eek:

i agree the whole space was lovely except for the kitchen sink and island colour. i would like to see that sink in 6 months after pots and pans are dumped into it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement