Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve.

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭prunudo

For all the haters, this weeks Grand Designs has a starting budget of £1.8m. Dated from 2012, so they've been filming 7 years.

Edit. And up to £2.5m half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

neris wrote: »
    wonder did the lad want the shed turned into a mini house as a side earner on airBnB rather then a place for the kids

Haha Im laughing here neris as the exact same thought was speculated upon in this house. He might have been calling it a shed but a structure with two stories fully plumbed, insulated and electrics installed sounds like a small house to me and the €120k price the QS quoted reflected what he was asking for.

Self contained units like that in tourist areas like Tramore can make €800-1,000 a week during summer when listed on Airbnb so it wouldnt surprise me if the 'shed' was really intended as a 'bunsen burner' (nice little earner ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

If anyone here is watching Grand Design this evening its 3 million + counting + it's still just a shell !!!!!!

I dont think anyone can complain again about Room to Improve.

Maddest idea ever. Nut jobs, banks should have never have given them any money.

+1 Grand Designs was a WILD tale of overstretch and ego.

The guy ended up divorced and bankrupt with an unfinished eyesore shell of a house.

CRAZY stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: This thread has reached 10,000 posts so has to be closed. Look for v2 thread, cheers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement