Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,398 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did the husband not get his own room like a bar or snooker room, seems only fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Ah "In My Life" by John Lennon / Beatles... I sang that a wedding last year....

I absolutely murdered it, but the original is still a good choon.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That extension is just too barn/shedlike beside the house, for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I've very mixed feelings about this one.

I think the charm has been taken away and never replaced. The life has been stripped out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'd love a balcony for drinking cans on of a summers day. Would be my number 1 request on any build I'm involved in.

Outside the door with a beer, sitting in a "Popes" chair and watching the waves will have to be good enough AD!!....:D

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Did they win the lotto in a previous life????? What do they work as?

The only thing that I cant think is that they are both in good jobs and dont plan to have kids... The design would suggest this as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,057 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did the husband not get his own room like a bar or snooker room, seems only fair.

He got two lines in this episode and he fúcked up one of them. He's lucky he's allowed live there with her I'd imagine.

First bill was €200. It's the summer. Wait till the winter bills come in with them single glazed windows and your glass atrium.

€450k :eek:

On top of buying it for €300k??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The Bath. My dream bath!!!

The only thing that I cant think is that they are both in good jobs and dont plan to have kids... The design would suggest this as well...

They've three kids already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Yer wan makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

She runs Dublin Property Rentals. I'm just a pro at this stuff...

They've three kids already!

I can only assume that they are also working to pay for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The husbands face when she said I know I'm hard work at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Thank God I don't mix in SoCoDu supper club circles. Imagine sitting beside this one for an evening boasting about her walk in wardrobe, geothermal whatever, and her posh guest bathroom

They've 3 kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Nope, don't like it at all. Usually.I.can find something I like but not with this. Extension is just too barn like with a glass box.
    Not very.child friendly at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Are they going on safari

lol, exactly my thoughts.

Says a lot about the woman of the house wanting the downstairs for visitors to be better than the upstairs. Unbearable. . .

M

They should have brought back an old teacher or student from the school at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I love it, 450000 though :eek: id say the young lad was trying to run away from his mother and just msde up a story about being kidnapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've very mixed feelings about this one.

I think the charm has been taken away and never replaced. The life has been stripped out of it.

I think this is the first job on RtI that I'm seriously dubious about. Really think that they borderline ruined the original building, and I just can't see the attraction of the finished product.

They have three kids.

And to whoever said it earlier, the bedroom does have curtains!

This one is a thumbs down from me, I'm afraid - on a lot of fronts.

I'd prefer live in last weeks converted commercial building over this house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Where is next weeks episode based?

Last week's was a million times better than this one.

This one is not Dermot's finest hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yeah, it's totally lacking in any soul or personality.

M

What kind of price would the geothermal heating cost? I am thinking 20-25k?

This house ended up....BIG....that's all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I think they have murdered "The Old School House".....

It's only my opinion.....they kept little or nothing of the "atmosphere" of the house.

It's a fancy pad to be proud of nevertheless.

I'm still perplexed as to how the "listed" building got PP.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

They should have brought back an old teacher or student from the school at the end.

That would have been a great idea. Thanks Ankles for filling us in on where the money came from. Have to agree with other posters, I think they ripped the heart and soul out of the place. Not mad about the barn extension either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement