Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Deub wrote: »
    I would say yes. And if you add the 3 steps to the "den", it is not really a house for young children

i doubt it really, if a child is small enough to fall into the window area they shouldn't be unsupervised on the stairs,

as for the 3 steps a baby gate will solve that sharpish but it isn't the worst drop either,

after watching that makes me glad we are building from scratch, trying to convert old homes comes across as a much more expensive and hassle full option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I would say yes. And if you add the 3 steps to the "den", it is not really a house for young children

Ah jaysis you can't wrap a child in cotton wool all it's life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

No Patricia to give us the final tally. I reckon there's the making of an entire behind the scenes programme from this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Quazzie wrote: »
    Both of them are from the other end of the country. They probably don't have a bustling social life in Dublin where they can invite 20-30 friends around for drinks.

But was it not a family home owned by one of their grannies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

jos28 wrote: »
    No Patricia to give us the final tally. I reckon there's the making of an entire behind the scenes programme from this one
    Room To Improve - Uncut

• Advertisement

I am sure they have friends in Dublin. That's what happens when you move from the country to somewhere else in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,329 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Where's the friend of the husband of a best friend of somebody - the one with the inside knowldge?

WE NEED ANSWERS!!!

What happened the builder?
    Was there no housewarming?
    Did it all end in tears and in between hiccups they managed to squeeze in the "we're delighted, and we're all friends, honest" bit?

Wouldn't be fair on the couple to say too much, they're a lovely couple. MOD SNIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Deub

amdublin wrote: »
    Ah jaysis you can't wrap a child in cotton wool all it's life

Agree. But it will an extra thing you will need to keep an eye to.

Agree. But it will an extra thing you will need to keep an eye to.

Agree

PARlance wrote: »
    Wouldn't be fair on the couple to say too much, they're a lovely couple. MOD SNIP
    Awww, fair enough. They really were a lovely couple

MOD SNIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/carlowpeople/news/theres-life-after-bill-for-jamie-27038782.html

Programme Seven: Dundrum
    A 1960s three-bed semi, an imminent baby arrival, a limited budget, a builder who was a contestant on The Apprentice and Dermot Bannon - what could possibly go wrong? Last episode in series.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Room To Improve - Uncut

I'd love to see that.

Mod:

As much as we here on the tv forum (that includes me!) love to get some insider information, I think we probably best leave any of the "insider" details private for the moment

MOD SNIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Apart from the window, the house turned out lovely. MOD SNIP enjoy their new home and new baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What part of Kerry is she from originally, would it be Kenmare? Looks awful like a girl I used know from there, wonder is it her sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Aww, Mod Snips! Did I miss something? PM's welcome!

Also, stunning house! I honestly didn't mind the window.

jos28 wrote: »
    I'd love to see that.
    I'd nearly pay to see that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Crazy doing your own QS when they don't appear to have any building knowledge.

Hardly she must charge a fortune for to enable them to get their attic room. After all it was only a house extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Hardly she must charge a fortune for to enable them to get their attic room. After all it was only a house extension.

The fee on a job like that wouldn't normally exceed €2k for QS AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The fee on a job like that wouldn't normally exceed €2k for QS AFAIK.

Am I missing something, did they get pretty much everything for the €150000 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

whupdedo wrote: »
    Their must be no houses being renovated outside of Dublin, did he move outside the m50 this year ???
    Sure wasn't he in Nenagh
    creating a monstrosity
    last week and in Mullingar a couple of weeks before that re-doing that huge architect designed home which needed loads of insulation and presumably that farmhouse he did up had to be outside the m50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Loved the attic conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Pm please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

Pm too please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Can I also get a pm to find out what the hell happened?
    Cos this was the weirdest
    Show they have ever made!
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Pm also please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Can someone PM me also please

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

dickwod1 wrote: »

me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

dickwod1 wrote: »

Me too please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement