Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not sure Id spend 150k to destroy 3 flats I could be renting out for $$$ in Drumcondra in order to turn it into one house, Id rather live somewhere else with free money pouring in every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Jaysus, that's some posh builder!

Its the world famous Sarah Jane episode that everyone goes on about tonight (now), never seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

It's a great episode. Sarah-Jane is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Builder Pauric's voice makes me weak at the knees!

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Builder Pauric's voice makes me weak at the knees!

Have to agree, very sexy voice :)

jos28 wrote: »
    Have to agree, very sexy voice :)

Thank God someone agreed, I thought I was a bit of s weirdo.

Lisha wrote: »
    Thank God someone agreed, I thought I was a bit of s weirdo.

Definitely not !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

jos28 wrote: »
    It's a great episode. Sarah-Jane is hilarious

Yahoo!

Shed a little tear looking at Dad's photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The goddess of room to improve, Sarah Jane :D

She's so upbeat and funny. Quite a change from the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Missed it first time around, so glad to have caught it. #SarahJaneFanClubMember

"are you hungry?"

tampopo wrote: »
    Missed it first time around, so glad to have caught it. #SarahJaneFanClubMember

"are you hungry?"

My husband is still laughing at the 'are you hungry' comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,377 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

gjc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can watch the current series from the uk. I absolutely love RTI

They are allegedly on that site the young folk use, what's it called Pyrite Bay ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They are allegedly on that site the young folk use, what's it called Pyrite Bay ;)

Sounds like another development built during the boom that we're going to hear of residents being evacuated?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Keepan Eye

Have to laugh at Room to Improve Donnybrook D4 TV channel I thnk. A couple renovating a big old 2 story house in Kildare. The house is a wreck......you wouldn't even squat in it for safety sake. Anyhow its a fun programme except its NOT REAL. The Quantity Surveyor on the job is going for a budget of €150,000.Totally false IMO. Considering I was quoted €90k for a kitchen extension 18sq metres. I kid you not...If they got out of that build for €150k all labour costs must have been left out of the Quantity surveyors estimates.
    Recession is over and builders and architects are back to charging BOOM TIME prices. The real Cost would be €300,000 or €400,000.
    So house buyers, if you are going to buy a house and "DO IT UP" you're going to need a massive Wad in your pocket to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

My God, why do people need to build the houses sooo build. Dermot doesn't consider it a house unless the square footage is comparable to the local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My god, that was an irritating watch.

That woman would drive people to drink lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

Room to improve episode to head to court is on one of tomorrows papers.

I bet its the one where that spoofer who was on the apprentice went into the building trade.

Does anyone remember it? After one of the breaks there was no builder and a new builder was in place, no aftershow party & no mention of the budget. Hmmmm

baldbear wrote: »
    Room to improve episode to head to court is on one of tomorrows papers.

I bet its the one where that spoofer who was on the apprentice went into the building trade.

Does anyone remember it? After one of the breaks there was no builder and a new builder was in place, no aftershow party & no mention of the budget. Hmmmm

I remember it....Any link to the paper story?

• Advertisement

Only the Mail has it and they don't do an online Irish version, will pop into the shop at lunch for a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Thargor wrote: »
    Only the Mail has it and they don't do an online Irish version, will pop into the shop at lunch for a look.

Did you get to check?

No I forgot but heres a pic of the article from one of my colleagues desks:

http://i.imgur.com/4fy4Xsb.jpg?1

Looks like she's not happy about the noise? Or the general workmanship? Seems they're getting sued down in Westmeath aswell, hope this doesnt endanger the programme in future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Looks like everyone is getting sued. The viewers of the episode will be next!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Tefral

I priced a job for the TV series recently. I was shocked to find out that Dermot doesn't actually design the buildings at all an Architect called Kieran Devine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Thargor wrote: »
    No I forgot but heres a pic of the article from one of my colleagues desks:

http://i.imgur.com/4fy4Xsb.jpg?1

Looks like she's not happy about the noise? Or the general workmanship? Seems they're getting sued down in Westmeath aswell, hope this doesnt endanger the programme in future...

Jeez. Bet these wagons are hoping for out of court settlements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Three high court cases and the strong likelihood that the only party involved with insurance cover will be Dermots business - very dangerous territory for a small company.
    The insurance companies have annoying habit of settling and basically Increasing premium to the point of closing the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:

Guys, based on a potential impending court case please no further discussion of the potential court case/the houses involved/the clients/the builders/Dermot etc.

Best stick to discussion of new episodes on this thread.

M

Anyone hear of a start date for the new series? Last year it was last Sunday in January.

• Advertisement
    M

Anyone heard when this is starting back, I'm thinking directly after Rebellion ends so 7th Feb but there's been nothing online and Dermot has not been on LLS or RDS to chat about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement